• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocado turned up early, while I was in the middle of a meeting. Fortunately, I wasn't presenting or needing to speak for the few minutes it took to get the bags indoors and say thank you to the driver.

It seems quite pleasant out so I ought to go for a walk.

Comment

Roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) for lunch

After that I popped down to check the post (Private Eye has arrived) then out the back to check the gate. The bloke who rents, or maybe even owns, the small compound (once part of the garden of a house on the side road) against the fence of which I park the cars had a couple of guys at work out there taming the buddleia that sits within his domain but has expanded all over the place, towering over the cars and generally making the place unsightly. So I offered to move the Corolla forward a bit so they could get at some bits of greenery behind, just to make their job easier. Except the battery was almost flat again, and I'd left the little jumpstarter battery up here, so I had to come and get that to get the car started and moved forward about five feet

Anyway, they can now finish getting it all sorted out, which will be much better than it not being sorted out

Comment

I didn't get out for my walk. Other things came up that required faffing with.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Feeling sorry for myself.

Out doing proper social stuff on Friday night. Have now got painful broken collarbone (and attractive but not painful black eye) to show for my efforts.

Sympathy welcome!
          Well if you will play rugby after 8 pints....

Ouch - get well soon.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Waiting for an Amazon delivery which is, for unspecified reasons, not able to be delivered to the Locker. It was supposed to come yesterday, but late afternoon they suddenly switched its status to "Delayed" despite it having shipped. It finally made it to the regional depot this morning, then set off on its travels at 10:45 with an expected delivery time from 16:30 on.

But now they keep pushing the expected time back; it's currently 17:45 - 20:45

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Anyway, they can now finish getting it all sorted out, which will be much better than it not being sorted out
              They missed a bit, so I took my electric garden saw down (a thing I bought a few years ago, despite having no garden, for the purpose of dealing with an earlier outbreak of the same buddleia) and cut it down myself

To be fair it was a tough bit to deal with and they only had a handsaw. Anyway, they haven't taken away the cuttings yet, which are now in a big pile in front of the derelict garages, so I chucked the bits I cut on top of there and put the car back in its accustomed spot

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                But now they keep pushing the expected time back; it's currently 17:45 - 20:45
                Currently up near the Royal Infirmary and supposed to be "3 stops away"

Comment

Gosh. Just found a link to The Daily Mail on a Guardian page. Not a critical one.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Gosh. Just found a link to The Daily Mail on a Guardian page. Not a critical one.
                    Maybe its an aggressive takeover of the slaver by the mail?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Amazon finally arrived, having taken some time because the bridge over the river is a real bottleneck during rush hour; he was stuck at the junction there for about ten minutes, gradually getting closer. So I now have a new Remoska, to replace the one I broke a few years ago!

I shall be using it to make tonight's dinner

Comment

Working...
                      X