• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and chips for tea, accompanied by a bit of S4E2 (I assume there's no need to bother giving the name of the programme)

Comment

Turns out I had watched right up to S4E9 and was only two episodes behind. It's because I have it on as background and potter about doing other things while it's on that means I don't pay full attention to all the goings on.

S11 saved for another day.

Dinner was fresh filled pasta (aubergine) and pesto.

Comment

Is that Rory in action on the seventh photo of Crouch Recovery dealing with a multi-vehicle collision on the outer ring road this morning?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...-three-5582730
        Click image for larger version

Name:	0_JS238222547.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	596.7 KB
ID:	4170527

Comment

Been feeling quite tired and under the weather today

Hopefully a good night's sleep will be an adequate restorative.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Not as grey today, with a hint of sunshine getting through the thinner parts of the cloud

Currently 13°C with 19° on the cards, barometers unchanged at 1008/1016mB. There was some unforecast rain as I was getting to sleep last night so it feels a bit damp out, and there's more forecast with 70% likelihood for the next couple of hours

Still feeling a little under the weather, but I daresay coffee will improve things

Comment

Morning all

It's overcast but reasonably bright and dry. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18. The sun is not expected to make an appearance and there's a chance of a bit of a shower mid-afternoon. Barometer up a touch to 1015 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              John Lennon's Rolls Royce is auctioned for US$2.2 million at Sotheby's in New York 1985

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

It's overcast but reasonably bright and dry. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18. The sun is not expected to make an appearance and there's a chance of a bit of a shower mid-afternoon. Barometer up a touch to 1015 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                John Lennon's Rolls Royce is auctioned for US$2.2 million at Sotheby's in New York 1985
                Seeing that Rolls Royce fact

On the way home yesterday (from Bainbridge via Richmond) I passed a Rolls Royce immediately followed by a Robin Reliant.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Is that Rory in action on the seventh photo of Crouch Recovery dealing with a multi-vehicle collision on the outer ring road this morning?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...-three-5582730
                  That certainly looks like him! I'm glad he's still about, even if he's not on our tellyboxes much.

Comment

Rory!

Morning.

Damp.

Dark.

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

No current precipitation.

Warmer at 20.9 deg in here.

1013 mBar, in Hg, 68% RH.

Tuesday.

Better sleep last night so I'm not so today.

Since when has been flashing?

Oh no! I've broken : music : it's completely disappeared!

It's raining.

Oh, I see, disappears in edit & stays disappeared. How odd.

It's proper raining now.

Once it stopped I ventured up to the post office to buy the TV Times, followed by:

Walk* walked in the humid humidity. :sweat:

*Abbreviated.

Lunch: Heinz bacon & lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And still doesn't work.

Entertainment: The Repair Shop on Quest x 2.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Discovering Robert Duvall on Sky Arts.

I foolishly attempted to watch the commentary on "22 Jump Street".

It lasted until the end of the credits.

Now watching The A Team: "The Battle of Bel Air".

It's barely watchable.

After much scrolling, the only thing to watch was NCIS, the one where Fornell & Gibbs wife is an agent for the IRS.

Massive Engineering Mistakes: the failure of a giant crane when erecting the roof of the Milwaukee baseball ground roof killing 3 workers.

The sinking of a floating bridge in Washington state.

Stadium roof collapse from snow accumulation in Hartford.

The failure of a Welsh dam in 1925 killing 16 people.

Now: some redneck septic lunes building a home made cannon FFS.

This may not end well.

I now know the way you extract a .50 cal ball from a muzzle loader that's been stored for years loaded with powder & ball.

Stone me, these guys are battulip crazy.

TFBSDrS.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 June 2021, 22:27.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Seeing that Rolls Royce fact

On the way home yesterday (from Bainbridge via Richmond) I passed a Rolls Royce immediately followed by a Robin Reliant.
                      There is a rose gold Rolls Royce that drives around Sluff.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X