• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

It's a dry and bright day, blue sky and fluffy cloud at the moment. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with it possibly squeaking up to 11. There's a chance of a shower but, as yesterday's 100% chance of rain actually resulted in not a drop falling from the sky, I'm loathe to believe the forecast. HWMBO tells me that weather forecasts for Glasgow are always inaccurate. Barometer is up to 1014 mBar.

It's been a right busy start to the day today. I seem to have been on call after call, all talk and no action. A workshop this afternoon has been moved to next week, thank goodness.

Today's Kantar Diary fact is:
    The world premier of Ludwig van Beethoven's 'Symphony No. 9' in Vienna, Austria 1824

Comment

Is it me or is the typical poster in the professional forums getting stupider.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Is it me or is the typical poster in the professional forums getting stupider.
        cross infection from General? Just be glad the Brexit forum isn't leaking!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Much today

Lunch, by the way, was Heinz tomato soup with sesame bloomer toast

Mundane laundry was put on before the morning stand-up for a Quick Wash, retrieved thereafter, and is nearly dry on the clotheshorse by now

And a recycling bin has been trundled inwards

Comment

Comment

Just noticed that the other devs have both switched their status to "Show as offline" on Teams. Think I'll do the same and call it a day

Comment

Walk briskly walked, all three rings closed

I'd got the blue one shortly before setting out though.

Very pleasant evening out there, currently around 13°C which is better than was forecast, and rather Simpsonesque

Comment

Meetings gave way to something more akin to productivity before clicking off at 1600 to pick up this weekend's hire car. A few chores and family visits done before returning home for a well earned margarita.

Dinner will be from the chippy up the road. Ordered online for collection at 2130.

Comment

Oh and it's been a beautiful day up here in Glasgow. Really warm and sunny.

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras, rice and naan. Delicious

All while watching a bit more Police Interceptors

Comment

Working...
                      X