• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and done, after months of moving goalposts its suddenly urgent. Hours fixing the screw ups.

And so to bed!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

The sun didn't wake me early as it's keeping a low profile behind heavy overcast this morning, with rain expected off and on for much of the morning

Currently 4°C and maybe reaching 11° when it brightens up a little this afternoon; 995/1003mB, so holding steady in that department.

My Sainsbury's delivery will be coming quite late tonight but should be here by about twenty to eleven.

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey with white sky.

Wanly sunny.

Colder at 16.7 deg in here.

1005 mBar, 29.68 in Hg, 53% RH.

Apparently it's Thursday but as it's a BH week, the recycling & waste disposal engineers call tomorrow.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine.

Slightly more water in the res, and there were a couple of chaps with a theodolite measuring the dam between the top & the valve thing halfway down.

Lunch: Heinz ham & pea soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Entertainment: "Discovering Charles Bronson" on Sky Arts.

Cooking the next batch of bol with some minced lamb. I wonder how that'll turn out.

I'd have cooked the next batch of chilli con carne but I've an insufficiency on onions, the last being bad.

Entertainment: "Trucking Hell" S2 E4. Is Rory in this one? Yeeeessss! Towing a borked cab to the scrappy.

Digger fallen off a low loader on the A6: Steve Kelly.

The bol being portioned up, a visit to Morrisons obtained further supplies of onions.

The one chose for the chilli proved to be good in parts after I'd added it to the pan, requiring bits to be picked out.

Entertainment: "Discovering Bruce Willis" on Sky Arts.

"The Cold war & cinema" on Sky Arts which started with "The Third Man" and "Iron Curtain".

Which was amusing enough.

Which is more than I can say about "Episode VI: return of".

Feck me it seemed interminable.

I'm sure it didn't seem that long back in the day.

Of the rest, I only possess "Episode III" since I couldn't bring myself to go to the cinema to watch that after the tedium beyond all measure of Episode I and Episode II.

And I never bothered with VII, VIII, or IX or whatever due to lack of interest.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 May 2021, 22:27.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry for now. Currently 5 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 9. Rain expected all day. Barometer at 1004 mBar.

Much better night's sleep had. I feel almost human!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          The Duchess of Sussex gives birth to Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, weighing 7lbs 3oz 2019

Ah...so they remember some birthdays!

Comment

Another meeting soon, but I found time to grab a slice of buttered wholemeal toast

Comment

I have been having Crunchy Nut Cornflakes for breakfast so far this week as HWMBO buys milk, a foodstuff I tend to forget to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I have been having Crunchy Nut Cornflakes for breakfast so far this week as HWMBO buys milk, a foodstuff I tend to forget to purchase.
                How do you drink tea and even coffee - yes I know after working in Europe I play to the English stereotype and drink tea but even so.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

How do you drink tea and even coffee - yes I know after working in Europe I play to the English stereotype and drink tea but even so.
                  I don't drink tea, and I take my coffee black

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I don't drink tea, and I take my coffee black
                    Very sensible - I do also.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Pâté on sesame bloomer toast for lunch

It's turning quite Simpsonesque out, but there's a chilly breeze to go with it

Managed to get a towel wash on earlier which should be done in an hour or so

Comment

Working...
                      X