• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    The Daily Mail newspaper is first published in London 1896
    So they miss all our birthdays, but remember that rag's? Priorities, people!

Comment

Went for a brief walk while it's still nice out. A little bit chilly with a light breeze.

Phoned my Dad to wish him happy birthday (yet another one that the Kantar people failed to record). He seemed quite merry having already drunk one of his presents.

Comment

I'm reminded that all Dutch households have a special calendar on which birthdays of family, friends, colleagues, neighbours, and anybody else they can think of are recorded. For some unexplained reason, this is always kept hanging on the inside of the toilet door

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

So they miss all our birthdays, but remember that rag's? Priorities, people!
          some things ARE important
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That's quite enough of ClientGov for one day. In fact, it was quite enough a little over half-an-hour ago when I abandoned my desk to tend to the Scotch broth. After I'd put it on, when the slow cooker was still coming up to temperature, I started to wonder whether I should stick another carrot in so, just to be on the safe side, I did. The muddy orangey-yellow hue it has now everything's blended and the meat and pulses added reassures me that I made the right decision

Still sunny out, so I don't suppose I can get out of going for a walk. I suspect there might be a bit of a chilly breeze though, so I think I'll wear the warm coat

Comment

Walk briskly walked, all three rings closed

Quite pleasant out there, it turned out - occasional bits of breeze, but nothing too unpleasant, and fairly sunny with a lot of white fluffiness hanging around in the heavens

Immediately upon returning it was straight into the kitchen, this time to get the dinner on; for tonight sees the apotheosis of the Big Chicken I got last Friday. It's going to take a while to cook, for it deserves the adjective: 4¾lbs of it

Comment

Storm hasn't arrived.

Temperature 13.3 °C
                Relative humidity 70%
                Pressure 972 hPa

It seems to have been delayed until 11pm. I'll be zzzing in bed by then. Dinner was pork chops, spinach and garlic and roast peppers. Followed by sweet potato tart. Accompanied with a Chiliean Cabernet Sauvignon. Just found about £100 worth of receipts in my wallet that I can have paid to me by MyCo In Liquidation. It's rather nice, I can liquidate my own company here. There's no gain in charging a fee, but I can charge expenses...

I also just found out that there's an app provided by post.ch that allows me to take a photo and send it anywhere in the world as a postcard for just 3 francs (that's about £2.40). You can even customise the stamp. Don't know if it works outside Switzerland, but it's certainly cheaper here than buying a post card and posting it. Domestically, we can send one postcard a day for free (with advertising). My daughter in law is doing that as a kind of physcially time-slowed instagram.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I also just found out that there's an app provided by post.ch that allows me to take a photo and send it anywhere in the world as a postcard for just 3 francs (that's about £2.40). You can even customise the stamp. Don't know if it works outside Switzerland, but it's certainly cheaper here than buying a post card and posting it. Domestically, we can send one postcard a day for free (with advertising). My daughter in law is doing that as a kind of physcially time-slowed instagram.
                  That's very cool

Comment

and almost as tedious as JtB on a bad day.
                    it'll be be a read through for the sound of feckin music next.

Comment

The various bits of Korean food we had for dinner were very delicious with sufficient left overs for lunch tomorrow.

Decided to hire a car for the upcoming weekend and take a drive over to Perth via the Falkirk Wheel and Stirling Castle.

Comment

Working...
                      X