• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I got a Sainsbury's cheapo delivery slot for some time tomorrow evening, so I've saved myself the trouble of going shopping after work this week

Sun's coming back a bit out there now

Comment

Veal bacon sarny for lunch. Very tasty. This evening Chinese boiled chicken.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

HWMBO made a very nice lunch of quail, roasted veg and corn on the cob. Just the one quail between the two of us.

Currently listening to #55 of The Boring Talks, all about farts.

It's been a lovely day but the only outdoor venturing was to put laundry on the washing line. I do like a proper washing line for getting things properly aired and more flats should reinstate the communal drying lines IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The final episode, according to James Ward on Twitter the other day

Comment

HWMBO made a very nice lunch of quail, roasted veg and corn on the cob. Just the one quail between the two of us.

It's been a lovely day but the only outdoor venturing was to put laundry on the washing line. I do like a proper washing line for getting things properly aired and more flats should reinstate the communal drying lines IMO.
            oh ta!

goes nicely with 50 things.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The final episode, according to James Ward on Twitter the other day
              Yes,they mentioned that at end. Sad times.

Comment

The walk was briskly walked and the green ring closed

I was held up at some point as a bloke pulled up alongside me in his car, wound his window down and beckoned me over, assuring me of "no drama", and started wittering on about people playing "silly games" which could cause him to have an accident. As he'd only just come around the bend back up the road and I was walking on the very wide pavement on what is a very broad and leafy avenue, I wasn't sure where he was going with this, but it became apparent that he was suggesting that I was the silly game player. I acted like I didn't have the faintest idea what he was talking about (well, not acting really) and eventually asked him to be specific as I hadn't seen any silly games going on, and he sighed and shrugged and drove off. I still have no idea what he was talking about

Once home it was straight into the kitchen, for tonight's tea isn't being done in the slow cooker but is being done slowly in the normal cooker. Once that was on, I returned to my desk to finish off something I'd been struggling with this afternoon, which had (as usual) all become clear to me as soon as I'd gone outside.

After that, it was time to collapse assorted boxes that had accumulated in the kitchen, ready for recycling. Our recycling bin is full but I'd checked on my way back and one of the ones in the street that never got brought in this week was empty, so they all went in there; and then I trundled ours, seeing as I was in bin mode.

It's a pleasant sunny evening now, if rather chilly out
                Last edited by NickFitz; 5 May 2021, 19:05.

Comment

Yes,they mentioned that at end. Sad times.
                  I've still got an outstanding ticket for the Boring Conference that was cancelled last year. I would imagine it'll be this time next year now, when everything might be a bit more back to what passes for normal

Comment

Tea has been a rack of ribs (not to be confused with ribs) and chips, and was extremely nice

Whatever vague feelings of lurginess were afflicting me earlier in the day seem to have passed. I suspect it may just have been tiredness, possibly added to by a hint of hay fever as I seemed to have a slightly runny nose for a couple of hours

Comment

Entertainment during dinner was a new episode of Police Interceptors for a change

And later… yes, a bit of Trucking Hell in which, among other things, Rory came to the rescue of a broken-down skip lorry at the start of the M1 northbound slip at J21, just down the road; while Chris dealt with two trucks stuck together after an ill-advised attempt by one to squeeze past the other on the slip road by the Esso station on the A14, just over the road from the sheep who live at Rothwell Lodge Farm

Early night now in case the sun wakes me up at six again, as it has done for the past couple of mornings

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X