• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea, as might be expected, was a roast Big Chicken dinner; exceedingly nice, and very filling

And I remembered to make the bed before that was ready, so no unpleasant surprise later

I watched S7E6 of Hospital before and during dinner, covering plastic surgery, long Covid, and robots; and then a bit of Trucking Hell as dinner was longer than the remaining bit of the programme

Now, with everything finally out of the way, I can settle down for a film and a beer

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

The rain varied from very light to not as light, and there was a bit of a breeze from time to time. But I didn't even bother putting my hood up; it was quite refreshing after a day indoors

The bed has been stripped, so I must remember to make that later. And shortly I'll put the Big Chicken in the oven for tea

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's been a beautiful day up here today. I, of course, haven't been outside in it.

I believe it's grim down south
    Indeed, it's a 'fine soft day' in soggy sarf herts

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's been a beautiful day up here today. I, of course, haven't been outside in it.

I believe it's grim down south

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I managed to put all my rubbish and recycling outside in between rain showers.

Need to do a bit of housework in a bit.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Are you going to sell them on eBay? Buyer collects?
    May put on Freecycle. Seem to be quite a lot of people driving ancient old cars round here. Have to keep well back if they are in front due to the stink.

Trouble is, don't know how to describe some of them. Would anyone know what a "mosquito sex toy" was actually for?
    Last edited by xoggoth; Yesterday, 12:50.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a hot dog, and a couple of raspberry jam doughnuts

The recycling bin has been trundled back in, whilst doing which I got rather wet as the rain has become persistent

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Been clearing out some junk in my garage. Loads of old tools from when I used to do my own car repairs, have no idea anymore what a lot of them were for. Eg there's a big metal thing you attach to an electric drill that makes a tiny metal rod go in and out. Looks like a sex toy for a mosquito.
    Are you going to sell them on eBay? Buyer collects?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The map said he was seven deliveries from mine, but showed him parked close by. So I popped over to the window, just in time to see him getting back in his van and driving off!

But when I popped down, the parcel was in the hall as the chap in the downstairs front had got the door. There was also another parcel for somebody else, so maybe the algorithm was going to send him here twice and he saw through its machinations or something

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Been clearing out some junk in my garage. Loads of old tools from when I used to do my own car repairs, have no idea anymore what a lot of them were for. Eg there's a big metal thing you attach to an electric drill that makes a tiny metal rod go in and out. Looks like a sex toy for a mosquito.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Rain rain

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Lovely bright sunny morning with a few fluffs of cloud here and there. Currently 14 degrees with a high later of 17. Rain expected overnight.

Enjoying my day off so far, having had a nice long lie in and HWMBO bringing me coffee in bed.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Macadamia nuts are first planted in Hawaii 1892

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Steady drizzle out, and with all the windows and internal doors open to get some air flowing through the place, the living room and bedroom are now down from 25°C to 21°. I may have to reconsider switching to the summer duvet

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Expecting the delivery of some Apple AirPods Max today, being the over-the-ear headphones that can even tell when you move your head and things and adjust surround sound accordingly. I've fancied getting some for a while, but as I need to stuff olive oil down my ears a couple of times a day until next Wednesday ahead of the ear wax removal thing, I won't be able to use my hearing aids until then so I splashed out

The DPD driver is currently just around the corner, literally thirty seconds' walk away. Yet he's on delivery 54 and I'm 81, so he won't be here for at least another half hour or so… and yes, refresh the page, and he's now three streets away

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Yesterday constructed two rose arches for our honeysuckle to spread out on. Now just need to figure out how to stabilise them. Made garlic bread and had it with garlic snails last night. Very tasty.

Another flaming hot day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X