• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    So that's why it keeps recording Monkey Life.
    It works!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    So that's why it keeps recording Monkey Life.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ah, the LNB.

I've gone through several of those. Lidl did a nice selection back in the day for £3 each.

I'm still using the two Lidl dishes I bought yonks ago, the sky dish came down off the chimney since it was impossible to access and the chimney was taken down when the roof was replaced.
    Your occasional reminder that if you use a Freesat box, there's a possibility you have some of my code in your living room

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

No signal. Some bit he said he couldn't replace as dish is ancient, that knobby thing on the end I think. With the new one got all me channels back in no time.
    Ah, the LNB.

I've gone through several of those. Lidl did a nice selection back in the day for £3 each.

I'm still using the two Lidl dishes I bought yonks ago, the sky dish came down off the chimney since it was impossible to access and the chimney was taken down when the roof was replaced.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Hallway fire lit, that will spill heat into the lounge to make for a cosy evening.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Rather boring walk. What looked a nice riverside walk path on the map had little view of the river and was through ploughed fields and those plantations with all the trees in lines. And grey, not sunny like it was supposed to be according the WF.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    What was wrong with the old one?

Just askin' like.

No signal. Some bit he said he couldn't replace as dish is ancient, that knobby thing on the end I think. With the new one got all me channels back in no time.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mundane laundry done and draped; quick wash, obviously

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I took the alternative slightly shorter route today, as the watch had deigned to give me a few minutes of credit for the shopping expedition

Quite mild out; no nasty breezes today

Must get the mundane laundry on now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Elevensies was an out of date cherry and amaretto stollen.

Lunch is fish fingers in a seeded wrap.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I hadn't used the car at all since it was fixed and it's been a week, so I thought I'd just give it a quick run down to Sainsbury's. Not that I really needed anything much

I returned with seven bags of shopping

Still, a lot of it was stuff like bin liners and similar non-perishables that it's worth stocking up on given the opportunity. And it was only seven bags because I had all the bags and putting a smallish amount in each one makes it easier to work out an even weight distribution between left and right when carrying them all in from the car

Lunch: a "deliciously seasoned" chicken leg from the hot food counter (may no longer be very hot)

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Bloke just installed a new satellite dish, turned up nice and early and only took half hour. Relief, I thought I might be waiting at home all day when it's nice and sunny.

PS Grr! When they gave me a quote they didn't include the VAT.
    What was wrong with the old one?

Just askin' like.

There's a lot of rusty ones around here, along with several that still point at the old Sky analogue location at 19 deg E.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    An F-15 out of Lakenheath has just flown overhead, rather low and rather fast. Currently heading north towards the M4
    https://www.flightradar24.com/PANTHER2/2a905e94

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Bloke just installed a new satellite dish, turned up nice and early and only took half hour. Relief, I thought I might be waiting at home all day when it's nice and sunny.

PS Grr! When they gave me a quote they didn't include the VAT.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey day, but it'll be a bit warmer as a result: it's up to 3°C already from 2° about thirty minutes ago, and will soar to as much as 6° by lunchtime or early afternoon. The barometers continue high at 1031/1039mB

The bin has been popped out the back for, found to have been emptied, and been trundled back in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X