• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Got in touch with the bloke on the data team that'll consume this Activity Streams 2.0 feed I've been making. I mentioned that I'd run it through the W3C's validator and it passed. Turns out even though there's loads of these feeds funnelling stuff into the data warehouse (or whatever it's called), nobody has ever bothered to validate one before

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    It's like the bit in a late 1960s movie where the protagonist's drink has been spiked with acid

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sainsbury's arrived about fifteen minutes early, so that's all sorted out.

Lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal, apple sauce arrived in the delivery so good timing)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Took advantage of a lack of meetings to walk up to the High Street to pay for my shoe repairs. Two of the three pairs were done and so I took them away with me.

Then popped into Ole and Steen to pick up a nice filled roll for lunch and a half loaf of bread. I do like places that will sell half a loaf.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Another nice bit on GSV:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0223...7i13312!8i6656

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry (as in it's not currently raining).

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

19.9 deg in here today.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 66% RH.

Thursday.

The Recycling & Disposal Engineers made their merry way this morning at 06:35.

I managed to doze through to a more reasonable time today, having awoken unbidden at about 06:05 again.

Prompted by xogg I had another look on streetview in case the late cat & parents had suddenly appeared since the last time.

They hadn't. But the condition of their house was considerably better in 2008, 2010, & 2011 than it is now.

Walk walked, during which the magnificently embosomed one from next door but one stopped for a chat.

The flies are getting towards annoying on the walk.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons oat and barley bread, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Someone's (a gas fitter perchance?) has been fettling something (presumably the gas fire) on the party wall next door.

Not particularly noisy compared to previous endeavours it must be said.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:47.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky, dry, high level fluff. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 21 expected later. Rain forecast overnight. Barometer has dropped a touch to 1021 mBar.

Tired this morning. Much coffee needed.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Kenneth Arnold makes the first widely reported UFO sighting near Mount Rainier in Washington 1947

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Still didn't feel wholly refreshed when I awoke this morning, but once I was up and pottering about I felt rather less haggard and drawn than yesterday, which is better than nothing I suppose

Back to grey days now, currently 14°C and possibly reaching 20° later, barometers insignificantly down at 1014/1022mB

Sainsbury's will be delivering between one and two, and have everything I ordered; though, of course, that doesn't mean I ordered everything I needed

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was both the Hinkley Point programmes. Interesting stuff

And I found time to book a Sainsbury's delivery for tomorrow afternoon, to save me the bother of going there in person

Better get to sleep now. I hope I wake up feeling better than I did this morning

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I didn't get back up to the high street to pay for my shoe repairs so hopefully they haven't been binned and I can pay tomorrow instead.

Watched the second episode of building Hinkley - a big crane moves a thing around. Followed by Oak Island - more swamp diving.

I then came to a realisation that I might not have seen the final of Great British Photography Challenge so I watched that. HWMBO assured me we watched it together last week but I only remember bits of it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan, and very tasty it was too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It's always surprising when that happens.

Did you get the Reginald Molehusband feeling?
    I got the "That's definitely a good point to stop for the day" feeling - I'd already got up from the desk than gone back again "just to check if {thing} would work" twice by then

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There was one bit left to do which seemed as if it might turn out be pretty complicated. Instead, it took about ten minutes to add it, so I must have done something right
    It's always surprising when that happens.

Did you get the Reginald Molehusband feeling?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It's turned out to be a very productive day today, much to my surprise

Our app needs to be able to provide a feed of all its data in Activity Streams 2.0 format, for reasons, so I'm working on that at the moment. I have the source code for another team's implementation, but I figured ours didn't need to be as complicated; also, there seems to be a fair bit of code duplication spread around their various data models. Not necessarily anything wrong with that, but I had a feeling there was a better approach to be found.

And lo! By dint of making judicious use of some new Django features combined with a bit of lateral thinking, I now have a generalised implementation of the stuff necessary to construct the stream, which should work not only for the present but for any future models added to the app. It uses only documented interfaces, rather than relying on implementation details and hoping they don't change, and to be honest I was surprised that I got it working at all, never mind managed it so quickly

There was one bit left to do which seemed as if it might turn out be pretty complicated. Instead, it took about ten minutes to add it, so I must have done something right

Leave a comment:

Working...
X