• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull start to the day but there's a bit of blue trying to poke through the cloud. Dry with no prospect of rain today. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 14 later.

Saint Maud rings a bell. Will have a look later but I wonder if I've seen it?

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    The world's oldest Teletext service, BBC's 'Ceefax' ceases operation 2012

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^ sounds like St. Maud is one to give a miss.

Morning.

Dark.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Sunless.

Colder at 16.3 deg in here.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765 Torr, 73% RH

Saturday judging by the wireless.

Walk walked in the overarching gloom and sunlessness.

No precipitation detected.

A quick scan around the forums revealed how dead this site has become.

I have heard rumours that, back in the day, it could take an entire morning merely to catch up with TPD.

How are the mighty fallen.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 09:58.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Saint Maud (2019), which… well… ****

For the avoidance of doubt: I thought it was vey good but… well… ****

And then I watched Sin City again and then a couple more episodes of The Americans.

But… well… ****

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I was pleased when we moved to somewhere with its own driveway, The neighbours still moaned about parking by the church.

Nice number!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Binge watched the second half of S7 of Marvels Agents of SHIELD. Shame they took it way too far, you could tell they just phoned it in for several episodes.

Sleepy time now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks, with the usual chips, beans and fried onions. Absolutely excellent

The good thing about those thick-cut steaks is that even I can manage to cook one such that it has a nicely seared crust on the outside while remaining rare within

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I was pleased when we moved to somewhere with its own driveway, The neighbours still moaned about parking by the church.

Nice number!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Nice number!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Used to live on an Estate and most weekends the roads were filled with relatives of some of the residents at a party. Lots of wailing & Gnashing of teeth from the neighbours.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The car parking arrangements sound very similar to the way regular commuters look after their seats and those of fellow regulars.
    The guy who lives upstairs from me got so annoyed when a newcomer took to parking in "his" space last year that he left passive-aggressive notes under the interloper's windscreen wipers a couple of times, then sprayed dotted lines on the paving either side of his car. But he only had a can of silver paint, which doesn't show up well on grey paving blocks and has now aged and weathered enough that you can't really see them any more

This sort of thing happens whenever someone new tries parking in there, but we always end up achieving a new equilibrium

I think the entire Google Maps satellite photo archive going back to the mid-00s shows my Orion parked in roughly the same spot, other than that it had to move over a few feet when they put a gate in that end of the fence around the little compound

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The car parking arrangements sound very similar to the way regular commuters look after their seats and those of fellow regulars.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Popped down and the errant car had moved

It belongs to somebody a few doors down, and normally parks in the space that was being occupied by the flatbed truck from which the bricks were being unloaded. Good to know they also popped down and moved it once their usual space was available, so that the natural harmony of the Universe could be restored

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

When I got back from shopping, somebody had parked in the Corolla's space. I assumed it was something to do with the bloke who uses the compound, as he had his lackeys unloading some bricks. But he's gone now, and it's still there

So I now occupy a space that's normally used by a family from the side road, and have to keep popping down and checking if the other one's moved yet. If it doesn't go soon, I'll have to shift anyway to avoid inconveniencing that family, as there's no reason why they should suffer

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

No, my wife was busy cleaning the machine. I'm posting by tethering my phone to my computer.
    Monday may be dicey then.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    In looking at my to-do list for Saturday, I have determined that I do have time between the hairdresser and bra fitting to get over to Moorgate and check out the pub.

Fortunately, it's all on the Circle line and it's supposedly running for a change.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X