• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a beautiful day out there. Still darned chilly though.

Last load is in the WM - assortment of towels and dishcloths.

Eating one of the left over sandwiches from Friday's picnic for lunch, with some salt and vinegar crisps.

Will be heading up to the high street to pick up a shopping order from Waitrose soon.

My orchid has flowered! Just the one flower but I'm very happy to have not killed it.

Comment

The walk to the high street and back was pleasant enough. Very warm when in the sunshine and out fo the breeze.

I might make the bed soon as it's been airing since 8 am.

All laundry is done and hanging up.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day again here, 6°C with talk of showers that don't seem to be showing up at all, barometer fairly steady at 1010/1018mB

More dull but respectable shirts in the wash, which will mean my entire complement thereof will have been du-mustified, ready to be put away and become musty again before I'm likely to have any need to wear them

Comment

Snack time: leftover crispy aromatic lamb with pancakes and plum sauce

Comment

I forgot to dial into the BAFTA live recording at 5pm but I don't think I'll have missed much and I doubt I'd have contributed much as a remote audience member.

Noticed there was no heating or hot water so had a look at the boiler. It didn't sound at all happy and I noticed the pressure was on zero. Quick watch of a YouTube video to confirm the process and all sorted in just a few minutes. I then had to bleed a radiator as it ended up a bit over pressure.

Bed has been made.

Snacks have comprised left over Korean take away plus some yum yums I picked up in Waitrose.

Much Trucking Hell has been watched.

Logged into work email to check what my day will be like tomorrow after a week off (nothing to worry about, all good). Turns out a week turned off has fixed the odd Bluetooth issue I was having with the ClientCo issued kit.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Snack time: leftover crispy aromatic lamb with pancakes and plum sauce
              Wow. That's an interesting idea. I'll tell Mrs NAT. We can get a decent amount of lamb not too pricey from the Turkish butchers. The friend we saw is from Ethiopia. He was born about the time Michael Buerke was there. Mr Buerke is regarded as a national hero in Ethiopia for getting the story out to the West.

The cottage pie was lovely. Still 2/3 left. I steamed some brocolli for five minutes to have with it. When it was cooked, I mixed it up with a couple of heaps of black pepper and a little rice vinegar. Tasted wonderful. Black pepper goes so well with brocolli and the vinegar balances the bitterness.

Currently watching C5 - it's got Michael Buerke on a barge. It's quite chill viewing. I like undemanding. Accompanied with a pint of local beer. Fischerstube Üli Bier, Primavera.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Wow. That's an interesting idea. I'll tell Mrs NAT. We can get a decent amount of lamb not too pricey from the Turkish butchers.
                I get it from the Chinese but it'd definitely be worth making at home - very flavoursome

It's turned into a nice sunny evening here, though still cold, so only nice when seen through the window

The InstantPot™ has been pressed into service to make zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The InstantPot™ has been pressed into service to make zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup
                  Just remembered that the first time I made this, there was a burglar on the roof out the back clinging to the chimney stack while the police hung around the doctor's back yard explaining that they weren't going away and he might as well come down, for the entire duration of the cooking process

Had a look out the window and I can't see anybody up there this time

Comment

As might be expected, tea has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

And divvying-up has established that there are six further portions, now cooling down ready to move into the fridge and, once I work out how to fit them in there, the freezer

Comment

Working...
                      X