• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching a thing about Ken Dodd that I happened to stumble across on some channel or other up in the double digits

Comment

Quite enjoyed the Doddy thing, though it would have been better if they'd cut the talking heads going on about how good he is (was, now) and filled that time with more stuff from his shows

Monday again tomorrow. Comes round fast doesn't it?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again today, currently 16°C with a possibility of soaring to 24° later. Barometers very slightly up at 1002/1010mB, no rain predicted for today though it's expected in the small hours of tomorrow morning

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry out. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 24 later. There's a chance of rain but it looks like that'll be this evening with the cloud cover expected to clear a bit as the day progresses. Barometer up a touch to 1010 mBar.

My flat was unaffected by the rain - we had quite a bit yesterday but nowhere near as much as the other week. I see some parts of London got hit quite badly again. Awful night's sleep. Much coffee needed this morning.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Sir Paul McCartney performs a secret gig at the 'Cavern Club' in Liverpool, where the Beatles first began 2018

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Thought I'd get it out of the way before it warms up too much

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              My flat was unaffected by the rain - we had quite a bit yesterday but nowhere near as much as the other week. I see some parts of London got hit quite badly again.

Comment

^^^WNFS.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

UnWet.

Coolish () at 23.3 deg C in here.

1006 mBar, 29.71 in Hg, 65% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming again.

Much strange dreaming overnight.

The later ones seemed to have something to do with "24" in some very strange alternate history sort of way.

Had some intention of watching "The Eyes of Laura Mars" last evening, but the first five minutes seemed so very 1970s that I didn't bother.

Freecell score whilst battling a wasp: 90%, running average 84% (84.088%).

Wasp was put out once, then came back & was put out again rather more forcefully.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sky is currently white and the sun's gone in.

24.5 deg in here at 13:11.

Discovered why the tea tasted a bit funny: the milk had turned.

Defrosting the fridge.

Entertainment, aside from boiling the kettle to put bowls in the freezer compartment: Trucking Hell: S3 E6: no Rory.

Current temperature in here: 24.6 deg at 17:42.

Tea: soup with added rice, a baked potato, a couple of yogs, a couple of bramble jelly sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Robin Williams on Sky Arts: Goooooooood Mooooorning VietNaaaaaaaaam!

(It started with that. ).

A bit of Elementary S6 E2 as I finished defrosting the fridge and cleaning behind & underneath it.

Who knew there was an iGeigerCounter app?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-92195-y

NCIS S17 E3: "Going Mobile", which, after E1 & E2 was a return to something more average.

Am Dro: not the one I missed yesterday repeated, but a special showing the wonders of the Welsh coastline Yng Nghymraeg, like.

The competitive surfer dude won.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 July 2021, 22:22.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning grey with forecast of rain.

Ran to the supermarket to replace the bad chicken I had from another supermarket.

Now the sky is blue with a high of 22 degrees and forecast of rain around 5%

Sigh.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

He was bang on?
                    after he deleted a post! Because his sniping failed!

BR14 go to the bottom of the stairs.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X