• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been the leftovers of the huge Turkish meal from my birthday: lamb kofte, lamb shish, chicken shish, chicken adana, chicken wing, and lamb rib, along with a nice kind of flat corrugated bread that came with it; and chips. Very tasty and, once again, very filling

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

After a chilly night it's up to 3°C out thanks to it being a bright, clear morning. Not getting any better than 10° today though. The barometers are a bit resurgent at 1006/1015

I seem to have forgotten to sign off last night, presumably because I suddenly felt very tired and went to bed moderately early. For the record, the car was a Jaguar XJC which is currently taxed until next February; the repeated gold diggers were much as usual; and the new gold diggers had - wait for it - mechanical problems for one team, along with personal injury for another, while the third team in this episode called in a huge and quite remarkable bit of earth-moving machinery built by a friend from roughly three normal-sized pieces of earth-moving machinery

And immediately before crashing out I started rereading Fire in the Night, an account of the Piper Alpha disaster

Comment

Morning all

NF, what's the latest on your mum?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday apparently though I may well be wrong on that. .

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Chilly in here at 12.9 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, 6 deg in the saltinghouse.

1015.5 mBar, 29.9876 in Hg, 761.6876 Torr, 14.728 psi, (up from 1012.5 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of May 2019 there was much discussion of maps, the NLS map site, Canada, and the arctic, with global warming thrown in for good measure.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line in the sunshine.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just took Trigger's Broom to the mess left by the nesting Jackdaws along the side passageway.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about dentists. It went <click>.

Shirts in off the line, roughly iRoned to the strains of The Infinite Monkey Cage S1 E1, & airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Cottons that get iRoned & dry quickly in off the line & iRoned & airing over the banisters.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the increasingly grey & cloudy outlook.

Eyes now itching. Ho hum.

Everything in off the line, the bits to iRon duly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Tea: battered haddock, some peach slices, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E10: Audi TT: bought: £1k5, total: £2153.50 (50p for the bolt in the gearbox, lucky or what?), sold: £3k6. New bolt in the gearbox to hold the 1/2 gear selector fork in place, new clutch, changed the oil in the quatro rear clutch thingie, two switches for the passenger side window, two new headlights since the old ones were misty, changed the lcd on the dash due to missing pixels (they didn't take this one to a local tv fixer chap). Currently SORN & the MOT ran out August 2020. .

Following on from the eyes itching it's now developed into a cough and much sneezing so I've taken another dose (alternative) of antihistamine.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 85%. The last one is always a good one. .

https://www.abf.gov.au/newsroom-subs...-04-2023.aspx#

Now the real question is: how long will it take for that to be shown on Border Patrol or whatever it's called.

Maigret S3 E2 "And the man on the bench". Well that was a bit convoluted.

Thing about Kurt Vonnegut on Sky Arts.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2023, 22:03.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tuesday apparently though I may well be wrong on that
              I never know what bleeding day it is anymore. I'm geussing it's Friday.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch: a fish finger bap (chunky, wholemeal) with lashings of ketchup

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

NF, what's the latest on your mum?
                  It all seems a bit confused at the moment, as does she from time to time.

They think she must have had a stroke maybe six months ago or more, but it didn't cause any obvious symptoms beyond the fact that she occasionally seems to struggle to understand stuff and/or thinks stuff has been said that hasn't; but that's on an intellectual level, not a linguistic one. (For example, when I mentioned to her one minor detail during the flat purchase process, she passed this along to my brother as a completely different story including a whole load of made up details about the seller, none of which could have come from a mere verbal misunderstanding - they were made up out of whole cloth.)

In addition, the fall has left her with a hairline fracture of her hip; not something suitable for hip replacement or even a cast I believe, it's one of those where it'll just have to heal by itself but will impair her mobility in the meantime.

There was something about her hand too, but we aren't sure what; apparently it looks perfectly OK. That could be another misunderstanding.

So anyway, she's still in hospital, she seemed perfectly together and as happy as one can be on a ward last night, and as far as we can tell, the doctors are still trying to work out what they can treat and how, and what (if anything) they can do about the rest

Comment

Wheeler Dealers: S11 E9: Jaguar XJC 4.2
                    I also watched that. WD is one of my favourite programmes but I only watch the ones Edd China was in, for some reason I can't fathom I don't find it anywhere near as good with the newer bloke (Ant?)

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                      I also watched that. WD is one of my favourite programmes but I only watch the ones Edd China was in, for some reason I can't fathom I don't find it anywhere near as good with the newer bloke (Ant?)
                      Yes, it's just not the same what with Ant and/or Elvis's reluctance to use rattle cans with quite the same enthusiasm. .

I prefer Edd, Ant is okish apart from the rigger boots in the workshop, does some nice fabrication if you're into that sort of thing, while they might have mentioned one or twice that Elvis used to work in Formula One, though I may have misheard that.

The trading cars thing with MB & Elvis (Thursdays at 21:00) is unwatchable.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X