• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet done, week done!

And the mundane laundry is on. I could have left it another day or two, but I figured I'd get it out of the way now, and a lighter load is better for the quick wash programme anyway - though it's not as if my clothes get particularly mucky from me sitting at my desk

I noticed earlier that the marquees, small funfair and so on have been set up across the park down the road for the Eid celebrations this evening. Probably no beer tent though

Oh, and lunch after shopping was a bacon cob

Comment

It brightened up this afternoon and now it's a nice evening, with lots of scenic fluffiness in the sky

Tea has been lamb chops with chips, peas and gravy

The car was a 1950s Ford Thunderbird which is taxed until November, so somebody still loves it. And the gold diggers are getting into the swing of their respective seasons, with the usual variable results

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere, released today (well, yesterday now) on AppleTV+, was Ghosted (2023). It's the age-old story: boy meets girl, boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy pursues girl, boy discovers girl is an undercover CIA operative, hilarity (and death and destruction and mayhem) ensues. I enjoyed it

And then one I haven't watched for a while, now in 4K: The Blues Brothers (1980). It's good that they made this before all the wonderful musicians involved died

And now a comparatively early night, for tomorrow (well, today now) is my birthday so I should probably save myself for it

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The car earlier was also a boat, being the Amphicar CV770. Currently showing as SORN, though in reality it was sold to a Dutchman as they have more use for cars that are boats over there
          Er, that reg is now a Triumph Tiger Cub Motorcycle, the car having been exported. Who'd have thunk? OOOPs! Finger trouble 89E instead of 69E. Who'd have thunk?

Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 13.1 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1002 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1006 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of May 2019 NF watched "Patriots Day" and discussed how many miles he'd put on the car since he bought it.

Stone me, I'm feeling a bit odd today.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, 3 slices of toast with marmalade and bramble jelly, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno if I want to go for a walk, the prospect of endless sneezing and itching puts one off a bit.

It rained which solved that dilemma.

Entertainment: Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Massive Engineering Mistakes S2 E1: why it's A Bad Idea to coat an 80 story Chicago skyscraper with marble, it doesn't end well: change the marble for granite at a cost of $80M. How not to demolish a harbourside silo: that ends even worse. How to derail a massive railroad train (triple headed) in California & poison a river for 40 miles or more.

Impossible builds: another of Zaha Hadid's epics. Or how to make the structural engineering as difficult as you possibly can. Well she did a fecking good job of doing that. Fast track assembly that's slower to assemble than the slow track assembly. Feck me. Reminds me of that firestation she did that was so useless* they had to build another one. *As in unfit for purpose, or form over function.

Maigret: "Unscheduled departure" 1960. S1 E2. That one was a bit meh.

Four Just Men: S1 E16 "Marie". Ah. 1959. Algeria. 'Nuff said.

Conspiracies Decoded: The turin shroud. Blood spatter analysis: it ain't JHC.

Provo River Killer: caught by new DNA method that gets DNA off rocks.

The Nevada Triangle: alien abduction of aircraft? Nah. Mountain waves induced by the jetstream and mountains.

Did we off Napoleon on St. Helena. If not, why the feck not? Don't eat the green wallpaper.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2023, 22:50.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy out, but in a layers of fluffiness way, not an overcast way; I expect there'll be episodes of sunniness as and when gaps are made available. Currently 9°C, probably reaching 13° later, and a 20% chance of rain tonight. The barometers are down some more at 993/1001mB

Birthday plans: I think I'll have a nice bath, then coffee, then amble down the hill to town and plunder a secondhand bookshop

Comment

Morning all
              off to a Sea Shanty festival today
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch has been a very nice fry-up

Change of plan: I can't be bothered to go into town, so I won't

Anyway, Monkey Life is on later and I don't want to risk missing that

Comment

Afternoon all

The nice weather continues. Sunny with patchy cloud. Currently 13 degrees ('feels like' 11) and that's the high for the day.

Had a leisurely lie in, HWMBO made brunch and is now doing a bit of work while I watch a round up of this year's Eurovision entries. Later we're going to see John Wick 4.

Comment

We decided against JW4 this evening. Will go to an afternoon showing tomorrow instead.

Comment

For my birthday tea, I ordered delivery of a mixed grill from a Turkish restaurant across town where I enjoyed the same a few years ago. It's really, really nice again

It is, however, absolutely huge. Eating it is going to be an ongoing process rather than an occasion. I'm currently taking a break and will have some more later, with the general aim of getting it down to half its initial size tonight and saving the rest for tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X