• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ NF's mum!

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

White sky.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1021.5 mBar, 30.164 in Hg, 766.188 Torr, 14.815 psi, (down from 1023 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile, on the 27th of May 2019, NF was disposing of more piles of magazines while discovering yet more evidence of the rodent infestation, then watching "Dead Pool" to round off the Dirty Harry oevre.

Bed stripped, sheets in the WM.

Shopping trip to Aldi and Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Sheets duly flapping away pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons soya & linseed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Some prog about some cult or other, Y&Y waffling on about shoplifting, gambling, etc.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. It was almost warm.

Sheets in off the line bone dry.

3 lawns mown with the petrol mower, then the pullcord broke. . Two lawns mown with the electric mower, which actually does a nicer cut.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with peas n rice, some pear halves, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E6 Chevy Camaro: bought $11,750, £7k5, total: £14,030, sold: £23k. Project car: replaced distorted sump on gearbox, added power steering and brake servo so someone other than charles atlas could drive it, new loom, headlining, door cards, brightwork. Some curiosities with the MOT history: passed in 2013, 2014 shedload of faults. Taxed until June, MOT free. It's not doing many miles.

Space shuttle: triumph & tragedy on Yesterday. Ab initio to the first brock's benefit.

The Bad Skin Clinic S5 E1. Stone me a woman with bullous ichthyosis erythroderma, her husband thins the skin on her feet with an anglegrinder. .

Woman with enormous keloids on her ears. Another good reason to avoid ear piercing. She's having the areas nuked afterwards. With a lead cutout for her ear.

Chap with psoriasis. The injections worked like a dream.

Chap with a growth on his leg. Nevus sebaceous rather than what the GP had thought it was, duly removed.

Dr Pimplepopper: S5 E1: Chap with Gardner's Syndrome. Multiple tumours. She did a good job on his tumours, cysts, and other lesions.

Lady with a pyogenic granuloma on her lip.

Chap with tuberous schlerosis. Nasty. One of the side affects being autism and another being unpleasant pimply things.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 April 2023, 18:01.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was bright and sunny first thing but has since clouded over. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Cloud cover set to dissipate again. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

Off to Glasgow this afternoon to visit HWMBO. Up there it's 12 degrees ('feels like' 9) and sunny too, with a high of 14 expected.

Busy morning, trying to get lots of bitty jobs done or lined up so I can work from the lounge at T5. Trying to time my travels around meetings. Hopefully there'll be somewhere quiet enough in the first lounge to do them.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Anyone want to give me a hand tomorrow moving 1.5t of topsoil when it arrives?
        Change that, it's over 2t.
        The deliver guy couldn't get it into the garden as it was too heavy for his crane and the truck almost toppled when he tried, so it's on the drive.

I've now moved 14 wheelbarrow loads, and we're almost half way down the first bag. I need about 6 more wheelbarrows to fill the last of the veg beds. Then to work out what to do with the rest of the soil.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's turned into a nice sunny afternoon here; a bit breezy, but I popped round to Sainsbury's Local earlier and it was nice enough out

It's been a moderately busy day; lunch was the rest of the pâté on toast

Comment

Tea has been a recipe off the BBC Good Food site that I thought I'd try for a change: paprika pork, served with rice

It was OK, but I don't think I'll bother with it again

The recipe included mushrooms, which I've always been ambivalent about, but I thought I'd make the effort and include them; hence the trip to Sainsbury's Local. I found that I still don't actively dislike them, but I don't like them very much either. I ended up leaving most of the slices of mushroom on the side of the plate

Might try them again in another thirty years or so; it's probably been that long since I last attempted to cook with them

Comment

The car earlier was a Chevrolet Camaro brought over from the USA, the fate of which is unknown as I spent the last twenty minutes in the kitchen so never even saw it with a UK registration

And some of the gold diggers are getting off to a good start, others very much not

And then a couple more episodes (S1E6 and S1E7) of the Apple TV+ show Invasion, which I must admit I'd forgotten I'd started watching. It's OK though

Finally, a few more chapters of Ra which I'm very near the end of. But I ought to get to sleep so the ending can wait for now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

I slept last night
                Feel exhausted this morning, that may be due to sleeping well, or due to shifting all that soil yesterday evening, resulting in lots of aches and pains.

The sun is shining.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

It's been, and continues to be, a sunny start. Currently 8°C heading for 14°, and the barometers are very slightly down at 1014/1022mB

I've developed a mouth ulcer which is very sore. I've just spent ages scouring Amazon for suitable treatments, as the Bonjela thing I used to use isn't made any more and nether is the slightly inferior substitute I found last time. I think I have some of the latter left, but it's still packed away somewhere. Anyway, I found what appears to be exactly the same thing as the Bonjela one, which seems to come from a French company, and ordered some of that which will arrive tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I slept last night

Comment

^^^ Sleeping is good. .

Morning.

Thursday.

Sunny.

CBS.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.06 Torr, 14.794 psi, (down from 1021.5 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

The recycling and waste disposal engineers made their merry way along the road earlier removing the accumulated detritus.

Meanwhile on the 27th of May NF had a new phone and Brillo had problems with Asda.

Judging by the ongoing sneezing & itching, the pollen count is high today. .

Knackered today after yesterday's exertions.

Urgh. I think I'll take another (different) one a day antihistamine. .

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on 3 slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 85%.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 85%.

Piriteze taken.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lots of butterflies about. Peacock butterflies fighting over territory. Brimstone just bimbling along. Possibly a fritillary.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E7 the Amphicar: a rusty pile o tulipe if I ever saw one. Bought: $35k, £21k, total: £30,600, sold: £35,200. It must have been half a ton lighter without all that filler. Soda blasted to remove said filler & reveal the rust, new panels and floor parts welded in. Repainted. Fettled to pass Euro boat laws. New bilge pump. New needle bearing in the gearbox after an embarrassing breakdown on the Thames. The swans were laughing.

Curiously the reg number now refers to a Triumph Super Cub whatever the feck that is. Presumably some sort of motorised bicycle. Finger trouble: input 89E instead of 69E. Oooops.

Another visit to Saint Fagans. Bits of memorabilia about Aberfan. No football crap. Dried flowers instead which was marginally less irritating.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2023, 17:16.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X