• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    ...started watching a film but have now realised I've seen it before...
    I do this more often than I'd care to recall. Think that I might be getting old.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

A cool, grey, and damp start to the day following overnight rain.

Might brighten up, but the forecast is gloomy. Weather same.

Day 4 for trying to cancel my Virgin Media contract begins...

---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp. A light rain is raining. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Rain forecast all day. Barometer back down to 1013 mBar.

Last day of work for three weeks. Have been told by the "Agile Delivery Co-ordinator" that there will be no refinement sessions of any tasks in the To Refine bucket because they won't be able to ask clarification questions. So even though some of those tickets have priority over what's pencilled in for upcoming sprints, they think that's the way forward. I guess where working on a refined ticket throws up a question, that will come to a halt because no-one can ask a question. Ah well. Just smile and invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Just smile and invoice.
          Words to live by.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

After the usual too-many Friday morning meetings, tolerated because it's better than having them on Friday afternoon, I ventured out into the rain and drove over to Big Sainsbury's, where shopping and petrol were acquired

On the way, I noticed while stopped at some lights that the rear window was a bit hard to see out of, so I turned on the rarely-used rear wiper. This very slowly travelled about halfway through its normal path, and came to a halt. It hasn't budged since. So I'll need to get that fixed now

Lunch was a "well-seasoned" chicken leg from the lukewarm food counter, with a bag of plain crisps (I remembered to get more of those)

Comment

Lunch was a rather nice cheese toasty done in the frying pan with butter.

Big shop done. A day early as I like to this sort of thing on a Saturday morning to get out of the house. It'll throw out my entire week now... but I've lost track of the days anyway, so maybe not much of a loss.

Currently -- well, not right now, but in the midst if you now what I mean -- fixing a slow puncture on the boy's bike. Wheel off. Hole traced. Patch glued. Now waiting for things to set before fitting everything back together. Boy was so impressed that he wandered off after two minutes. Should have got a kitten; I doubt that a cat would show as much disdain for someone trying to help the ungrateful little tulip.

Last edited by wattaj; 14 July 2023, 15:01. Reason: Poor speillng.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

According to local Area Traffic Control on Twitter, Crouch Recovery are at this moment in the process of recovering a broken-down concrete lorry at a roundabout on the main road, just around the corner! I look forward to seeing this on Trucking Hell some time

Comment

The hospital have let us know that they think my Mum is dying. Maybe a week or ten days in case of continuing decline, but a sudden crisis could carry her off any time now

Comment

NF <-
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      NF <-
                      Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X