• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And down came the rain....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A light shower came and went. It seems a bit breezy out.

Bored and there are no jobs to move on to.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        The afternoon has arrived as has the sun. And it's warming up nicely.

Have realised that I need to renew my broadband contract be the end of the month.

Grim.

I do not enjoy talking to these people... which would probably explain the 7 old routers from previous providers that I have in the loft.

Had a nice man round this morning. 9 am exactly - typical Swiss. Not much clue what he said but apparently it's really easy to convert us to optic fibre which is nice. Neither me nor my neighbour (fluent Swiss speaker) are sure whether we pay for conversion.This is Switzerland. Of course we pay.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          A light shower came and went. It seems a bit breezy out.

Bored and there are no jobs to move on to.
          Be glad NLUK doesn't frequent TPD and catches you saying that j word.

But yep same here and I would happily escape this bunch of chancers - just glad I don't bank with them....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There's been a number of very heavy showers during the afternoon, but it's bright and sunny at the moment

More showers due shortly though, allegedly

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Be glad NLUK doesn't frequent TPD and catches you saying that j word.

But yep same here and I would happily escape this bunch of chancers - just glad I don't bank with them....
              Technically my job is being a contractor and I'm not seeing many alternatives

Comment

Tea has been spaghetti and meatballs

Accompanied by a further S1 episode of the opal hunters, where fortunes varied.

Now watching Secrets of the London Underground

There's been some more light showers, but nothing like the downpours of this afternoon. Looking out the window, there's bright low sunlight coming in from the side while dark clouds loom overhead, which is always a cool look

Comment

No other telly watched tonight, but I got a few more bits done with the SwiftUI app

The rain returned along with a bit of distant thunder, but didn't stay for too long. But as it moved on, we got a rainbow which lingered for over twenty minutes

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright and sunny start with clear blue sky, though I think there must have been some more rain overnight. Currently 14°C, an expected high of 20°, and the barometers are almost the same, being up to 997/1005mB. There's "drizzle" and stronger winds forecast this afternoon which is what they said yesterday, so that might also turn out to be several torrential downpours instead

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Damp.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 20 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1005 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of June 2019 NF had sardines for lunch and the SuperMonkeyCar made its long awaited return from its MOT and ScroteTheft trauma, while it was hot hot hot in Neath.

Trip to Swansea (X7 out, 38 back) to gift 30lbs of books to Oxfam. Failed to get another band for the Vax. Looks like it's off to the dump, still working apart from that.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on an ancient Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed crust that toast until it was black for some reason, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of the same vintage that showed in inclination to do likewise, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Whilst I was in that Barclays in Neath, paying off my card like some sort of animal via a machine, there was a chap attempting to do some business at the branch: he was given almost every option of doing it digitally when he'd specifically gone there to avoid that. Good to know that Barclays is so digitally focused. After half a century I think it's time to close my accounts.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E12: the one with the car in the Ford, though it was a VW Golf rather than a Ford, which was slightly disappointing. The idiocy of people following map thingies is difficult to grasp, though I suppose turning right down a ford is better than turning right onto a live railway line at a level crossing.

Minor potching with the Vax to see if I'd missed anything.

Tea: soup & rice thing plus some lightly toasted toast, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM, duw duw, where's Huw?

Joy of Painting. very strong in this one.

Joy of Painting. had to go for a jimmy, so not so much

WWII in color E13: the actinic flash one.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Freecell score: 86%, running average: 85%.

Dr Pimple Popper S4 E3. Woman with a large lump in her armpit: lipoma, a big lipoma. Chap with something sinister on his knee: she thinks it's skin cancer and analysis confirms that. There's more underneath the mushroom & the wound shows signs that it's still progressing. Lady with eczema: strong steroids.

Goodness me, vacuum cleaners have got expensive. Looks like the cheap ones are crap.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2023, 21:58.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X