• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No further telly for me tonight as I didn't feel like it. Managed to get some minor tweaks done to the SwiftUI app though

Early night now as I'm feeling very tired

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey starts are back after overnight rain, though not so much rain that it woke me up. Currently 16°C, so not at all chilly, but not getting higher than 20°. It's expected to get quite breezy, with a 20% chance of rain for late afternoon and early evening. The barometers are decidedly down at 996/1004mB

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Wet. Very wet. Torrentially intermittently wetly wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 20.5 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.1 Torr, 14.562 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of June 2019 I'd been watching a more than usually crazy prog on Blaze about Mars & supersoldiers & time travel or something, while covbob was finding it grey & sunless, whereas around here it was getting sunny & polleny, & LM had some success with something termed SSIS.

Oh good, there's movement next door, and with that, the hammering resumes. .

Still hammering. .

I'll be off out to that Swansea on Friday for a coffee with some ex colleagues. Well there's a thing.

Drilling now.

More drilling.

Drilling still.

Screwdrivering.

More drilling.

Hammering.

Freecell score: 90%, running average: 85%.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO followed by <click>.

Six 10L buckets of apples & leafy detritus consigned to the compost heap. So that's 8 so far this year.

More "gardening" done in the way of decimating the out of control mint.

What was intended to be the next bit of lawn is now covered in bindweed, as is the bank behind it. I suspect some Agent Orange may be pressed into use once the wind drops a bit.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E12: the one with the Lola T70 sports car in a broken down transporter. It's mildly inneresting what "Not for Hire Or Reward" painted on the cab of said transporter implies. Marta transporting the crane that just fits on the lowloader. Rory recovering a broken down truck off a pavement.

Tea: cumberland sausge (Morrisons, not reduced very much) and bacon with onion gravy & mash, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Scotland Yard: The mysterious bullet. Presumably similar to the Magic Bullet in 1963.

Joy of Painting IX. . particularly strong in this one.

Joy of Painting. . A seascape. A little .

The Human Jungle S1 E13 : Over & out. Ian Bannen as a test pilot who crashes the X58 from Black Aerospace.

Goodness me I'm beginning to recognise the locations used in these programmes.

Maigret and the Judge's House. S1 E3. Why is a judge dumping a corpse in the river? We must be told!
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2023, 19:25.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright but cloudy. There was much rain overnight. There is a chance of further rain today but my app doesn't say when to expect it. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 23 forecast. Barometer notably down to 1013 mBar.

My left leg is being very achy and painful today. No idea why.

Comment

Persistent from afternoon through the night. Seems to be drying up. Might brighten by the afternoon.

There might be a problem with one of the homeplugs... investigating.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Bloody hell, is this thread still going?

Comment

31°C at the moment. 34° is forecast to be today's high.

Relative humidity 50%
                Pressure 979 hPa, but were at 316m above sea level.

Still, could be worse. Zürich is 3° hotter.

And tomorrow max is a cool 26°C.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Lunch: assorted charcuterie butties and a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                    Bloody hell, is this thread still going?

Comment

The afternoon has arrived as has the sun. And it's warming up nicely.

Have realised that I need to renew my broadband contract by the end of the month.

Grim.

I do not enjoy talking to these people... which would probably explain the 7 old routers from previous providers that I have in the loft.

Last edited by wattaj; 11 July 2023, 14:48. Reason: Poor speillng.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X