• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Gosh. NF awake before noon on a Sunday.

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Misty.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.3 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1022 mBar, 30.1796 in Hg, 766.56 Torr, 14.8228 psi, (unchanged), 74% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of May 2019 NF's parents were the proud possessors of no less than three replacement Roombas due to some curious defect in software somewhere or other, whilst NF had a Chinese takeaway as was only appropriate for the day.

Entertainment: BH just went <click>. Actually it's gone <click> quite often this morning as the twat Paddy is unusually irritating today.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the incipient drizzle and associated grey gloom.

Heard a cuckoo today. Seems a bit early but there you go.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, 3 slices of toast with bramble jelly and marmalade, 0.91*1.56 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Just a minute. Larf out loud funny in places.

Freecell score in the grey gloom of the afternoon: 86%, running average 85%.

Entertainment: the last 15 minutes (8.5 minutes of actual programme) Discovering Harrison Ford.

NZ Highway Cops S4 E12: someone in a Ute has hit a powerpole & cut off the power to Clyde whereever the feck that is.

Rolling around to Highway Cops S1 E1. The sheep thing was rather upsetting. Good to know that the NZ Highway Cops carry what looks remarkably like an M16 in the boot.

Tea: we ain't got no stinking tea. Soup & rice thing, some peach slices, (no yogs), 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some bollox on Blaze that was so irritatingly irritating* that I watched E10 of "The First World War" on PBS instead.

*How the feck are they allowed to have 3 ad breaks in half an hour?

Freecell score: 80%, running average 85%. Ho hum.

Read book. Finished book. Read more of other book. Enough of other book for now.

The last 50 minutes of "Peppermint (2018)" for the ultraviolence. I like that film.

The last 50 minutes of "The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)". For more ultraviolence with cap n ball revolvers rather than 9mm automatics.

Gosh. One of the Peppermint weapons was a Honey Badger in .300AAC (7.62x35), another of those weird calibres. Apparently it's in use in this country too. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 April 2023, 22:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Zooming done. My Mum couldn't join us as she's not feeling well and staying in bed

But everybody else was OK

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^^^ Gosh. NF awake before noon on a Sunday.
      I know! It feels strange; I'm not quite sure what to do with the time now the Zoom is done

I suppose the kitchen could do with a clean, but I might have some breakfast first

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry and bright with aught breeze. Currently 14 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

Bed stripped and airing while the first part is in the WM. The mattress cover is also getting done today as I can get the whole lot out on the washing line.

Comment

Breakfast accomplished: sausages and bacon in a buttered white toast sandwich

It brightened up a little earlier, but it's gone back to cloudy again now.

I need to put the mundane laundry on at some point

Comment

The disabled fox showed up out the front. One of my neighbours from the ground floor came out just then with her recycling and headed over in the direction of the bins, and although it sidled away from her on to the lawn as she got near, it started following her. Then a bloke came rushing out from the bigger art deco block and followed it with what appeared to be some dog treats, and caught up with it and fed it over by the far corner of his block

Comment

The mundane laundry is now in the drying phase

And I took the recycling and rubbish over to their respective bins, encountering two pigeons and a squirrel on the way

Comment

Now the sun's going down I suppose I ought to bring the washing in before it turns damp.

That may or may not result in me putting the other set of bed linen on the bed.

Watched some more of The Good Doctor and the latest Have I Got A Bit More News For You.

Now having a blast of Genesis' album And Then There Three as it reminds me of my Dad.

Comment

Tea: reheated bits of the Big Chicken (leg, wing, little bit of breast and the rest of the skin) with chips and ketchup

Comment

Washing was brought in, approximately folded and put on the sofa in the conservatory. Next to the bed linen that was washed last weekend (or was it the weekend before?).

Bed wasn't made as that meant carrying the other bedding set upstairs.

Realised that I'd actually played Duke and not And Then There Were Three.

Just remembered that I hadn't sent off last weeks' time sheet for approval so did that in the hope that it gets picked up and approved before the Monday morning deadline.

Now trying to decide what to do until bed time as I'm a bit bored.

Comment

My Mum's in A&E and soon to be admitted, with her blood sugars through the roof and her ketones a tad higher than they ought to be

Telly today was the usual Sunday fare: Canadian border folk and New Zealand police.

Then later, a NEW! episode of Inside the Factory covering the important matter of pork pies. Gregg Wotsit made a joke about how he wouldn't like to be the one paying the gas bill for the ovens which turned out to seem in rather poor taste when, before the credits, they put up a card saying the factory had closed down since the programme was filmed last year

There's also a NEW! episode about Jaffa cakes which I've saved for now

And then a couple of episodes of 24 Hours in A&E which were occasionally interrupted by texts from my sister asking me to check what normal ketone levels are and so on

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X