• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘kinell.
    It appears a brewery in Surrey has produced a beer in memory of The DogTW . So far they have made a firkin of it. One pin (36 pints) has been given to me, which should be ready in a couple of weeks. It might go in to production.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      ‘kinell.
      It appears a brewery in Surrey has produced a beer in memory of The DogTW . So far they have made a firkin of it. One pin (36 pints) has been given to me, which should be ready in a couple of weeks. It might go in to production.
      Wonderful!

Comment

They didn't deign to give us a repeat of a car today, as they were repeating recently-shown opal hunters for much of the day

Then the gold hunters carried on as usual.

And later, NEW! gold hunters, including the return of the guy who destroyed his marriage through his obsession a few years ago and who hadn't been seen since

Better get to bed I suppose, as they expect me to work tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all ? (Actually not morning, I’m just awake)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all ? (Actually not morning, I’m just awake)
            I'm up and about. It's raining. The construction around us has just restarted.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

CBS and sunny start, after some overnight rain, but it's due to get windy, cloud over, and start drizzling by teatime. Currently 6°C, rising to 12° later, and the barometers are up a bit at 999/1007mB

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Damp.

Wanly sunny.

White sky.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.7957 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of May 2019 NF had consumed the final portion of very nice bol, followed by a viewing of "The Enforcer" being the 3rd outing of Dirty Harry, while I was watching the thing on tv about rockets & nukes.

The guru thing on R4 is currently waffling on about some Canadian nutjob who drinks his own urine.

Pissing down out there now. There, that didn't take long.

Following on from some halfhearted cleaning: Freecell score: 95%, running average: 85% (85.21%).

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last 10 minutes of Y&Y waffling on about holidays. TWATO waffling on about Biden, the CBI debacle.

Still pissing down out there.

Some of the kitchen cleaned in places that haven't been touched in a while judging by the amount of filth.

House roughly vacced.

Tea: battered cod, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM with the presenter having kittens when someone used the world "crap". . FFS.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E12 1962 Cadillac Coupe DeVille with a 390 cu in V8. Bought: $5k, £3k, total: £19,550, sold: £25k.

Well he made a silk purse out of that pig's ear, air suspension, paint job, new interior, some welding on the C pillar. Forgot to note the reg.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 85% (85.27%). Last game was a bastard so I stopped after solving it.

More of the Shatner book "I'm working on that". 2002 is a looooong time ago. I bought it 2nd hand in the Oxfam bookshop on the 24th of March 2012.

The rain has stopped but it's blowing a gale.

S2 E4: Maigret on Trial.That was rather good. Not a story I'd seen before.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 April 2023, 22:05.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Meanwhile on the 21st of May 2019… NF thought a funny headache was down to hayfever
                  It's happening again

Taken one of those Clarityn things, as I vaguely recall a pharmacist telling me they were OK to take along with my usual stuff

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a crust of wholemeal. Very tasty

The Clarityn thing seems to be helping a bit

Comment

Evening all

Today started off sunny and then turned cloudy before a very strange noise that I thought might be wind but was actually very heavy rain (and wind too, judging by the angle of it). I didn't check the temperatures but the barometer was up a bit this morning to 1014 mBar.

I have been poorly today and not ventured far from my bed. I did get up long enough to cover a meeting and answer some basic enquiries. Finally, more than 12 hours after waking up feeling queasy, I have expelled what was ailing me and I'm on the mend.

Comment

Working...
                      X