• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: roast gammon with chips, fried eggs and beans

Comment

The car earlier was a Cadillac Coupe de Ville, which is taxed until July so presumably still going

And the gold hunters are all floundering a bit as they approach the ends of their respective seasons.

And after that, a new episode of Traffic Cops

Then I went to bed to read more of Ra, and now I'm going to get an early night.

It's stopped raining for now, but it's very windy out

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

About midnight last night, while tucked up in bed, I suddenly remembered it was garden waste this morning (bank holiday pushed it back a day). That was fun in the dark wearing slippers and a coat.

Now I’m about to start some Rhubarb & Ginger jam.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright sunny start, but we had that yesterday, and it looks like today will go the same way with showers and/or drizzle from lunchtime onwards. Currently 5°C, expected high of 9°, and the barometers are down at 980/988mB

I had a very mixed night's sleep; plagued by dreams that varied between unsettling and disturbing until 3am when one woke me enough to go and have a piss, after which I slept like a log

Overall, the effect has been to leave me feeling very much unrested. Oh well, I get to try again tonight

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Now I’m about to start some Rhubarb & Ginger jam.
            Turns out my jam bowl will just about hold 2kg rhubarb and the same of sugar.
            That means 2 batches will have to be made.

This first batch has some home grown ginger in it.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Stone me, what a night. At one point I had the impression water was coming in through the window, along with the howling gale.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.8 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

989.5 mBar, 29.22 in Hg, 742.186 Torr, 14.35 psi, (down from 995 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of May 2019 it was warm & sunny, I was reading "Empire of Secrets" and NF regarded it as being too hot, weatherwise.

Strewth. Howling gale with added horizontal rain and hail. Now waiting for the expected murrain of beasts.

Had to pop upstairs & close the bedroom windows to keep the rain out.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 85%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWATO. The thing about dementia: horrid: Huntingdon's Chorea.

Bonfire: lovely bonfire, much crap burned.

Tea: soup & rice thing, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM with the waffler waffling.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E1: 1983 Ford XR2. Bought: £2k, total: £2750, sold: £5k. SORN & MOT ran out in March.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85%.

Last half of the Repaire Shoppe.

The Bad Skin Clinic: woman with genital warts. Chap with cysts on his nuts aka "bawbag". Lady with psoriasis.

Also available on Talking Pictures TV: "Hennessy (1975)" with that Rod Steiger chap. Appropriate timing?

"The proof is out there" bollox on Blaze. Other bollox is available nearly 24/7/365 on Blaze.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 April 2023, 21:27.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny yet cloudy. Very windy. Dry at the moment but rain forecast from mid afternoon onwards. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 11 expected. Barometer sharply down to 997 mBar.

Decided I need to start looking for the next contract. I have a feeling my time will be up when this one comes to an end in a couple of months' time.

Comment

Turns out my jam bowl will just about hold 2kg rhubarb and the same of sugar.
                  That means 2 batches will have to be made.

This first batch has some home grown ginger in it.
                  I have never successfully grown ginger at home despite following the various different methods touted on youtube. How did you do yours?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I have never successfully grown ginger at home despite following the various different methods touted on youtube. How did you do yours?
                    I started too late last year, probably planting it in August.
                    I went into a shop, bought a bit of ginger with nobbly bits on it. Broke it into two, then soaked it in water overnight. Put the two pieces into compost, so they were only just covered, gave them a water and left them.
                    One rotted (I think I over-watered it). The other one started to grow after a week or so.
                    It got to about 1 metre tall by November and then stopped growing.
                    The leaves started to die off in January and I dug the plant up a couple of weeks ago when I decided it was dead. The original bit of root was hollow, but there was a new piece, about the size of a golf ball, that had grown, along with a couple of longer roots.
                    I kept the good piece dry and then dusted the soil off. This morning I used a damp cloth to clean the soil off, and with a bit of a rub, the skin came off too. It smells great.

I've got a new piece which I'm going to try to grow again in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I started too late last year, probably planting it in August.
                      I went into a shop, bought a bit of ginger with nobbly bits on it. Broke it into two, then soaked it in water overnight. Put the two pieces into compost, so they were only just covered, gave them a water and left them.
                      One rotted (I think I over-watered it). The other one started to grow after a week or so.
                      It got to about 1 metre tall by November and then stopped growing.
                      The leaves started to die off in January and I dug the plant up a couple of weeks ago when I decided it was dead. The original bit of root was hollow, but there was a new piece, about the size of a golf ball, that had grown, along with a couple of longer roots.
                      I kept the good piece dry and then dusted the soil off. This morning I used a damp cloth to clean the soil off, and with a bit of a rub, the skin came off too. It smells great.

I've got a new piece which I'm going to try to grow again in the next couple of weeks.
                      Thanks! I'll give it another try. Sounds like I may have overwatered as mine also rotted away

Comment

Working...
                      X