• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Overcast. Wet. Raining. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 14 forecast. Rain expected all morning, allegedly clearing up after lunch when the sun will come out. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Woke around 6 am or thereabouts having had a very odd dream. I was lying in bed (in the dream as well as in real life) and looking up at the ceiling. Except it seemed like the ceiling was really some kind of perhaps conical roof thing. There was a ladder that you could climb to the top and at the top was a door. Around what I guess you'd call the wall / roof boundary was some kind of railing or barrier so could walk around that bit safely. I was lying there, wondering what was outside the door and considering getting up to take a look when someone, a woman, leaned over the railing looked at something (but not at me) and then as I tried and failed to call out a "hey" or similar she disappeared back from wherever that lead to. I essentially woke myself up shouting out garbled nonsense.

Not disturbed but I am intrigued as to what the building is, and whether I've seen something like that before. I know I've seen property / travel shows featuring quirky buildings and I distinctly remember there being an old windmill where there was a ladder in the bedroom that ultimately allowed you to exit out the top of the windmill and walk around. Whilst similar, this roof / ceiling arrangement wasn't quite the same.

I didn't really get back to sleep properly but dozed until the alarm went off, heard some nonsense on the radio about what Elon Musk thinks the BBC is then got up for work.

Bed has been stripped for airing and the first load is in the WM.

Comment

Moin.

Bright sunny day. Expected high 18°C. Going to the gym this afternoon followed by sauna. Expected high 90°C.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

^^^ WTFH: Om

Morning.

Monday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 13.4 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.677633 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.576 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of May 2019 DaveB mentioned the bunch of lunes who'd just bought an IBM 360 for £3k and were wondering how to get it over to Blighty & make it work.

Hammering down now & blowing a gale to go with it, leading to Horizontal Rain.

Lovely.

Freecell score in the ongoing deluge: 90%, running average 85%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on two slices of toast and a toasted crust, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWATO.

Just discovered that yet another ex Siliconix inmate has gone on to the great silicon foundry in the sky. That's two in 6 months.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the howling gale, grey gloom, and sunshine. Well it is April, innit?

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

Tea: haven't decided yet. That soup with rice thing, some fruit cocktail, a yog, a slice of toast & marmalade, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers Snot on again.

"Money for nothing": How to destroy a 1950s Murphy Radio by a Man Called Horse. Feck me.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Digging for Britain: Alice Roberts poking about in dirt again.

NCIS S19 E7 "Docked".
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2023, 19:49.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The rain has stopped and the sun has come out.

All bed linen has been laundered and draped about. The bed is still airing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            The rain has stopped and the sun has come out.
            And now we have rain at a jaunty 45 degree angle, all of a sudden

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunnyish out, but with a lot of big, fluffy and rather grey bits; there have been some showers too. Currently 13°C, which is today's highest. The barometers are down a fair bit at 992/999mB

Current lawn activity: four pigeons, a magpie, and a squirrel

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Links are up

Comment

Decided to give The Gold a watch. First episode has been good

Comment

Lunch was the last of the assorted charcuterie in a white butty. And tea has been pork chops with chips, peas and gravy

Comment

Working...
                      X