• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowing here too. Not settling, but it's proper flakes and that

Comment

Very clear skies here now, presaging the cold night to come. Looks nice though, with the sun gilding the tops of the trees

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

More Ercol chairs duly cleaned up & polished ready for donation to British Heart Foundation, along with a drop leaf table (the one I broke my toe on the foot thereof), and a "Lloyd Loom Lusty" half moon glass topped linen basket.
        Ercol, you say? Whatcha got?

I still haven't gotten over my grandmother telling my Dad to take her old Ercol day bed frame to the tip. I had my eye on that and they had no idea of its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Arty farty thing this morning. Actually one other bloke there for a change. Just got back from me walk in time, it's just started snowing.
          om!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Ercol, you say? Whatcha got?

I still haven't gotten over my grandmother telling my Dad to take her old Ercol day bed frame to the tip. I had my eye on that and they had no idea of its worth.
            Windsor chair, pattern 877 on page 37 of

https://www.ercol.com/application/fi...logue_1993.pdf

Meanwhile on the 4th of May 2019 NF was smelling "perfumed" socks at Boring, before returning to consume the usual Saturday evening Chinese, presumably in Leics.

A Xogg OM. Is this a first?
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 March 2023, 19:23.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

It was a little delayed because I finally resumed the arduous business of putting the pencil pleats into the curtains, as it really is about time they were hung

One is now ready, and the other… dunno, maybe an eighth, possibly even a quarter done? It's a right pain, but I suppose it'll seem worth it once they're up

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Meanwhile on the 4th of May 2019 NF was smelling "perfumed" socks at Boring, before returning to consume the usual Saturday evening Chinese, presumably in Leics.
                Yes, I think it was the first time I'd returned immediately after Boring - and of course the last for now, as a certain global pandemic got in the way of the 2020 and subsequent ones

Comment

A Xogg OM. Is this a first?
                  I probably mistyped Ech.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The car earlier was a Renault Alpine A310. No way to know what's become of it as they never registered it in the UK as nobody here wanted to buy it, and when they did find a buyer, they only covered their costs. And to add insult to injury, the buyer didn't even want to appear on the show

And then the gold diggers seemed to be chugging along, though I was a bit distracted with curtains and sorting out dinner

And then I discovered that there's been a new series of Traffic Cops and I hadn't even noticed; so S12E1 of that was watched

Then back to the curtains. These are now just about sorted, being at least roughly pleated down to something near the correct width and with hooks inserted. But I'm tired, and it seems sensible to leave the fiddly business of perching on the small steps hanging them until tomorrow

I'm rather tired now, so I'm going to take to my bed and read another chapter or two about Octavia, the female Messiah formerly of Albany Road, Bedford.

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X