• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Om.

Morning.

Sunday.

Wet. Very wet intermittently.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunlees.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.533 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 69% RH (GDR hair), 65% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile back on 31st of March 2019 the clocks had gone forward an hour and snow was forecast for the following Wednesday.

Fed next door's cat.

Bah fecking humbug.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine and chilly breeze. Warmed up a little towards the end.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, yellow corner yog, blackcurrent jam and marmalade on slices of Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, 0.91*1.66 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Food Programme on R4.

"Farmageddon (2019)" with that Shaun the Sheep. Loved the bit with Brian Cox (not the sweary one) right at the end. "Things can only get better" <click> as Timmy pulls the plug.

Sounds of the 60s on Yesterday. This half hour is 60s folk songs. .

Sounds of the 70s: Prog Rock in its pomp. . What's not to like? It's alright now, man.

Now it's Yes "Yours is on disgrace". Play that mellotron, man. Can't remember the last time I listened to that. Must be 40 years if it's a day.

"Hocus Pocus" by Focus.

Captain Beefheart. Never liked them. . "Upon the My o My".

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band: Delilah. The Old Grey Whistle Test set. No mellotron, some hideous synth. Nice whisper from Whispering Bob at the end, there.

Doctor Feelgood: Roxette.

The Carpenters on the Vera Lynn show. "Close to you".

Abba: Waterloo, introduced by Noel Edmunds. .

Sparkes. this town ain't big enough. Odd looking chap playing the mellotron. Looks like someone intent on annexing the Sudetenland.

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel. "Come up & see me".

10CC: "I'm not in love". Works for me.

Kate Bush: Wuthering away like a good 'un.

I see someone's driven off a bridge into the River Tawe. It didn't end well for either occupant. . At least they found them unlike that chap that disappeared some years ago.

"The Canterville Ghost" with that Anthony Stewart Head chappie without Buffy.

The sniping part of "Joe Kidd (1972)".

Tea: chilli con carne with rice (thankfully of more reasonable heat than the bol proved to be), a yog, what I thought was a single xmas pud but proved to be a sponge pudding, with custard, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Various bits of "Digging for Britain" with that Alice Roberts. Iron age & Bronze age.

More of Alice Roberts digging tulip up.

Portions (the violent bits) of "Magnum Force (1973)".

Portions of The Repair Shoppe: late Victorian wooden salad bowl, roller skates, banjo.

"Murphy's War (1971)" with that Peter O'Toole. Oddly the German Uboat has a Murphy B40 wireless, which seems a bit odd.

Knew I'd forgotten sommat: Ghosts Xmas Ep at 19:25. Ho hum.

Drinkies included some little bottles that I rescued out of next door's binbags whilst sorting said binbags into burnables, recyclables, and stuff I could consume. I'm not proud though those ancient Quality Street yellow toffees had seen better days.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 December 2022, 13:16.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

A good butcher! Superb. There's a decent butcher and fishmonger about a 10 min bus ride away from me but I'm struggling to find a decent fruit and veg shop. Back in Kensington the butcher and greengrocer were literally around the corner and a good fishmonger was about a 10 min bus ride away.
      Just realised I got the Pali. for me

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Coz it was Saturday?
        Om indeed!

Comment

Happy Christmas denizens

Grey but dry here, currently 9°C and going for 10°, and the barometers are very slightly down at 994/1002mB

Though the weather app says 1006mB, so who knows what the truth is?

Heading south in an hour or so

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Coz it was Saturday?
            Was it? I've already lost track of such things

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

A good butcher! Superb. There's a decent butcher and fishmonger about a 10 min bus ride away from me but I'm struggling to find a decent fruit and veg shop. Back in Kensington the butcher and greengrocer were literally around the corner and a good fishmonger was about a 10 min bus ride away.
              Nice pali!

Comment

And so that was Christmas, eh? Well, well, well

I managed to forget my reading glasses, which is making posting rather tricky. But after the festivities, this evening's viewing was a recent adaptation of An Inspector Calls which was apparently made by somebody who thought "You know all those bits that J. B. Priestly left unstated or unshown for dramatic effect? Let's state them and show them! Wouldn't that be cool?!!"

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Sunny start to the day; clear sky with just occasional wisps. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 8 expected. Unlikely to rain.

Dinner yesterday was very nice. We watched some tat on the telly and then walked home in the rain. More tat watched in the evening.

Heading home later this afternoon.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day here; currently 2°C with 8° expected, and the barometers are right back up at 1010/1018mB

Not sure what the day holds, though I daresay lunch with the parents before heading home is likely

Comment

Working...
                      X