• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleedin' 'eck. Just a day after I sorted the leak in my water supply, supply is lost again. None in huge area apparently, may not get it back until Wednesday. Xmas just keeps on getting crappier.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just saw that. Sorry about your gran lm.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        +3 regarding LM's grandmother

In other news rather tired as the flight that should have got me home at 10pm last night got me home at 4:45am via Edinburgh airport and a 3 hour taxi ride.

Edit - upside is that the 700 euro compensation voucher will pay for somewhere else so the weekend in Vienna was almost free (points for hotel, plane tickets virtually refunded).
        So klm have decided that we only landed 2hrs 45 minutes after our scheduled time so no compensation is due.

missing the slightly important fact that we were supposed to land at a different airport in a different country and it took them 40 minutes to get steps to allow us to leave the plane in the first place.

now I’m going to have to phone them up and complain properly - which means I’ll throw GDPR into it and ask why the response was sent to my email address but with a different name attached.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Links are, finally, up

I'm exhausted. The man+van, having got his van fixed, phoned up and asked if he could make a start today and finish off tomorrow morning. So I suddenly had to start packing like crazy, and my fridge and freezer are over there so I've got barely anything to eat here. And he's back at eight tomorrow to take everything else, including my mattress. So this evening, I had to go back to the flat to assemble my bed (which I had been going to do this afternoon) but I was too tired to finish it, so it'll have to be finished off tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            My condolences.
            WDSS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Links are, finally, up

I'm exhausted. The man+van, having got his van fixed, phoned up and asked if he could make a start today and finish off tomorrow morning. So I suddenly had to start packing like crazy, and my fridge and freezer are over there so I've got barely anything to eat here. And he's back at eight tomorrow to take everything else, including my mattress. So this evening, I had to go back to the flat to assemble my bed (which I had been going to do this afternoon) but I was too tired to finish it, so it'll have to be finished off tomorrow
              I know how you feel having spent 3 fecking weeks emptying next door for The Idle Pair so the builders could start work back in 2018 or whenever.

Look on the bright side: I assume you didn't have over half a century of assorted Railway Magazines to shift from the loft down to the garage. .

Meanwhile back on the 25th of March 2019 WTFH was experiencing blue skies, sunshine, & snow. Who'd have thunk?
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I know how you feel having spent 3 fecking weeks emptying next door for The Idle Pair so the builders could start work back in 2018 or whenever.

Look on the bright side: I assume you didn't have over half a century of assorted Railway Magazines to shift from the loft down to the garage. .
                True - though my oldest copy of Personal Computer World is from 1978, so getting there

Tea has been leftover pigs in blankets with beans on wholemeal toast; the p-i-bs and beans were left here when the fridge was moved, and I already had some wholemeal bread in the freezer over there so I brought a couple of slices back with me

Accompanied by a bit of Police Interceptors that I hadn't finished watching at some point in the recent past

Comment

I don't know what the car was earlier as I was busy transporting the apes to the new place, then trying to assemble my bed

I caught the last few minutes of the gold diggers though, having a quick rest before driving back. Several of them ended their seasons on a high

Time for bed now, as it's an early start tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

True - though my oldest copy of Personal Computer World is from 1978, so getting there
                    remembering how thick some of those computer mags became, it might not be that different.

I recall getting shot of some Ziff Davis tomes which were easily between a third & a half an inch thick after the 4 foot tall pile became too irritating to remain.

I'm even tempted to get rid of the 50 years of Wireless World that's festered unread down in the garage for 4 years or so.

Meanwhile on the 25th of March 2019, following the blue sky & sunshine & snow of WTFH, NF was impressed that it was still lightish at 18:49 & looking forward to the clocks changing to make 19:00 20:00 shortly afterwards.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2022, 23:55.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sometime soon, probably as I write this post the total count of views to this thread will exceed 20 million.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X