• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Blue sky and fluff. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 11 expected. Cloud cover due to clear with a sunny day in the offing. Barometer steady at 1009 mBar.

Was dragged out of bed at 0745 by the doorbell ringing - booze delivery! Mostly presents but of course there was one in there for me too.

Comment

Morning denizens

Stuff has been getting moved since 8am. I know the sun has come out, but that’s as much as I know at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Sometime soon, probably as I write this post the total count of views to this thread will exceed 20 million.

Comment

I'm even tempted to get rid of the 50 years of Wireless World that's festered unread down in the garage for 4 years or so
          Check before you ditch, some old things are worth surprising amount. My collection of old horror stories is worth a few hundred.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

^^^ I'm not sure that Wireless Worlds are worth much, Xogg.

There's an optimist on ebay asking £120 for some, but someone selling a similar number sold for £10, with £22 carriage.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I don't know what the car was earlier as I was busy transporting the apes to the new place, then trying to assemble my bed
            Tedious clip show: end of season.

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Slightly warmer in here at 11.8 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 8.8 in the saltinghouse.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.562 psi, (untapped IIRC), 64% RH (GDR hair), 60% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of March 2019 NF was sorting out some stuff regarding something termed "chef" which is way beyond my limited comprehension and I had sprouts with the roast beef.

No need to buy the Xmas TV Times today coz I bought the Xmas Radio Times last week.

Note to self: turn the water on when you want the WM to fill.

That replacement water hammer preventer thingie seems to do the business.

And as soon as the sheets are done & ready to peg out on the line, down comes the rain.

Ho very hum.

Need a microcontroller to run at 220 deg C? Well here's one that will:

https://www.ti.com/product/SM320F2812-HT

I had an interview with a place that did downhole datalogging many years ago. At the time I think they used some 8051 variant. The leakage currents must be inneresting to say the least.

Sun came out & the sheets are out on the line.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of Morrisons thick cut multiseed toast, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO. Whatever's on at 13:45 on R4.

Gosh. Di De Di is getting adventurous. That Ed and that Fallon, what are they like? Sounds like that Rex is in possession of some inneresting footage. As it were.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85% (85.06%)

Tea: battered haddock, some fruit cocktail, a yog or two, 0.91*1.63 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S16 E1 2004 Mazda MX5 Mazdaspeed. Bought: $6k5, Total: $8869, Sold: $9k5.

Stopped the gearbox leaking oil by splitting the case & bell housing & replacing the sealant with the correct sealant. Getting that reverse actuator thingie back in with fishing line was remarkable. I can imagine much swearing if you didn't know that little trick. . Silencer for the boost valve. Reposition the airfilter. Some sort of magic box for boost control. Removed the boost gauge from the A pillar & stuck it in the driver's side airvent. A set of OEM fitment wheels.

I've just discovered I've forgotten to do the dishes.

Xmas Repair Shoppe: Bah fecking Humbug. Another radiogram: this one with a big feckoff hole in the top. Rocking Horse. Toy Jeep from 1945 built by servicemen as an Xmas present. Toy carousel, winds up & plays tune.

FBI S2 E3 "American Idol"

FBI S2 E4 "An imperfect science".
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2022, 20:35.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies and sunny here, ski gear out on the washing line, about to go to the beach for a walk.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Supposedly fedex delivered a parcel while we were out - no sign of it though in the green box they supposedly left it in.

trouble is I can’t think of anything I’m expecting that would use fedex.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am absolutely shattered, again; but I also appear to have moved!

There's still a lot of stuff to sort out at the other place, and this place seriously needs sorting out too because everything's just where I told them to put it down, and there's quite a lot of it. Also, I haven't finished building the bed. But the mattress is here, and the telly is on and showing Police Interceptors on one of the innumerable channels to which I now have access

I realised, having got the telly set up, that I'd left all the remote controls behind. So I went back for them, and also got a bunch of kitchen stuff that hadn't been moved yet on the grounds it could be done tomorrow. So I could now, in theory, cook an entire dinner here tonight. But I suspect I'll just have something that takes minimal preparation; there's bol in the freezer and spag in the cupboard

And now, I am going to do something I don't think I ever did at the old place, and have a bath. I'm hoping this will help my aching muscles. The ones between my shoulder blades, in particular, have been going into spasm at the slightest provocation. And as the digital shower also has digital bath-filling functionality, I might as well check out how it works

Comment

Well, that was very pleasant: a nice soak in the bath, then a play with the various different capabilities of the shower, and finally dried off with a nice warm towel courtesy of the heated towel rail

Things added to the list of stuff-I-haven't-brought-here-yet: shaving kit, hairbrush

This central heating malarkey seems pretty neat too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Well, that was very pleasant: a nice soak in the bath, then a play with the various different capabilities of the shower, and finally dried off with a nice warm towel courtesy of the heated towel rail

Things added to the list of stuff-I-haven't-brought-here-yet: shaving kit, hairbrush

This central heating malarkey seems pretty neat too
                      So your old place hasn’t got central heating.

getting your old flat to a high enough EPC standard for it to lettable may be fun for the new landlord.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X