• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Don’t think I’ve been in this one since the 1980s

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese

Don’t think I’ve been in this one since the 1980s
      On a Tuesday?

round here the ones that open on a Tuesday aren’t the good ones…
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

So your old place hasn’t got central heating.

getting your old flat to a high enough EPC standard for it to lettable may be fun for the new landlord.
          No, but it had to have an EPC for it to be sold anyway, so he knows what he's getting in to. I suspect his primary consideration is what he can get out of his tenants, not what he can do for them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I am absolutely shattered, again; but I also appear to have moved!

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

On a Tuesday?

round here the ones that open on a Tuesday aren’t the good ones…
              Here, it's either Monday or Tuesday that they're closed, and as far as I can tell it's influenced by other nearby ones; of the two I used at the old place, one closed Monday, one Tuesday, and I always had trouble remembering which was which.

And in fact, it was very nice indeed; the spare ribs were particularly chunky and meaty, but almost melting off the bone

Comment

Much uneventfulness here.

I only mention it because I'm bored.

Comment

I finally got the bed constructed, and even managed to get the mattress on it, by about a quarter to nine. And this is when I discovered that the bag in which I thought I'd brought clean bedding from the old place actually contained a load of shirts

So I had to head back over there, but at least it gave me a chance to pick up some other odd bits like my razor and hairbrush

And so as I was heading back here again, I stopped off at the Chinese to see what it's like these days; it was only a minor detour

Now I'm going to make the bed and, depending how knackered I feel after that, I may finally have a glass of wine to celebrate my first night in the new place

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I'm bored.
                    least you aren’t on furlough…

the annoying bit is that I can’t point out to January that the plans they revealed 30 minutes before a left last Wednesday won’t work due to the way rollbacks need to be done.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture at the new establishment, while not a premiere, was nonetheless fitting for the occasion, being the most excellent Aliens (1986)

My hands and particularly my fingers are covered in tiny cuts, along with a few bigger ones. Ikea is bad for your hands

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X