• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Finally got water supply back after 2 day outage in the area. Woken up about 5am by funny noises in the piping. Old lady next door phoned me yesterday about problems with flushing their poo. Think lots of people will be buying butt plugs next time.

PS 2.59 post? You have some odd bedtimes Fizzy Knickers.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but many patches of blue visible. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11. Looks like it's going to be a sunshine and showers type day. Barometer has grudingly moved up to 1010 mBar.

I haven't bought my Mum a Christmas card or a present. I can get both at the lovely little craft shop round the corner but that requires going outside.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Finally got water supply back after 2 day outage in the area. Woken up about 5am by funny noises in the piping.
          for Xogg's water supply. Makes my minor flood in the salting house look very insignificant.

Morning.

Wednesday.

Wet.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Wetly sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.312 Torr, 14.547 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 67% RH (GDR hair), 68% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of March 2019 it was grey & gloomy, I attended the funeral of John from down the road, erstwhile goatkeeper extraordinaire (said goats doing a fine job of eating all the knotweed & brambles), NF was fighting some bug or other in something that threw segmentation errors for no very good reason rather than emitting a useful error message, and Xogg said that he'd been to a funeral that played Pink Floyd (much like my late cousins funeral from the sound of it).

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away in an effort to get the stuff that apparently wasn't in stock on Monday but was probably moved to where I found it this morning.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toasted crust, a red corner yog, blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of Morrisons multiseed toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Sliced Bread on Air Friers. TWAO.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the blue sky & sunshine.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Down to 23.2 in here now.

Finished "Blood, Tears, and Folly".

It was long.

Even read some of the footnotes.
          Found this tome in the disposal pile & had no recollection of it whatever. <sing> Daisy Daisy give mmmeee yoooouuuurrrr aaaaannnnnnsssssswwwwwweeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr dddddddddoooooooooo. </sing>

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some fruit cocktail, a yog, a mince pie (Morrisons, meh), 0.91*1.63 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E2 1979 Triumph TR7 in dayglo orange: Bought: $2k, Total: $3k1, Sold: $6k? (if I heard right, plus the buyer was unwilling to appear on camera which is understandable). I thought the quite remarkable single carb setup was bodging at its best. I never owned that car, right? .

NCIS S17 E1. "Out of the Darkness": Ziva's back. More or less the only reason for watching this.

NCIS S17 E2: "Into the light": Ziva's back again again. Ditto.

NCIS S17 E3: "Going mobile": the stiff under the artic one. No Ziva.

Skin A&E. Lipoma. Big skin tag: that lady didn't like the numbing injection. Lipoma. Keloids on ears, she nearly keeled over. Big cyst on scalp. Really really big cyst.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2022, 22:45.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My Dad had this at his funeral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJHKjV1ecs

Comment

Morning denizens

It was sunny first thing but it's gone cloudy now, with occasional light showers. But it'll brighten up again later, allegedly. Currently 7°C with 8° expected, and the barometers aren't much different from the last time I checked at 992/1000mB

The resident crow was bimbling about on the big lawn earlier but has gone now, and I haven't seen the magpies or any squirrels at all so far today.

Comment

The plot thickens: TWO crows!

And a pigeon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The plot thickens: TWO crows!

And a pigeon.
                  https://symbolismandmetaphor.com/see...and-symbolism/

There are many different interpretations of what it means to see two crows. In some cultures, it is seen as a sign of good luck, while in others it is considered an omen of bad news.
                  No idea if the presence of a pigeon has any meaning.

Comment

Wot if the "crows" are actually jackdaws?

Meanwhile on the 27th of March 2019 I'd located the unmissed but missing 18V electric drill/screwdriver which had remained next door after the Idle Feckers moved in and despite the misleading nomenclature, rookworst sausage doesn't contain any rook. Which was a bit disappointing.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2022, 13:25.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was a cheese and ham roll with a packet of salt and vinegar crisps.

Comment

Working...
                      X