• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

A few patches of sky inbetween the clouds. Quite bright overall. Dry. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' 1) with a high of 8. The cloud cover is expected to dissipate as the day progresses. Barometer down to 1024 mBar.

Tired this morning.

Comment

The Toyota has been dropped off. Now, we wait…

It occurred to me on the 1.7 mile walk back that I was surrounded by what is or was once public property for all but the first twenty and last hundred yards of the route: through the newfangled university, past the Royal Infirmary, past the prison and adjacent park, under the railway, past the fire station and school opposite, and across the park by the original university

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dampish side of dry in as much as it rained a bit last night.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 10.5 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 9 deg in the leanto, 6.6 deg in the salting house.

1024 mBar, 30.2387 in Hg, 768.06 Torr, 14.852 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

The recycling engineers made their merry way up the road earlier singing a happy song.

Meanwhile on the 2nd of April May 2019 there was much discussion of barbering and hairdressing and haircutting and getting very wet in an unexpected deluge.

Walk (unabbreviated) in the sunshine & cold wind.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the tow headed **** is spouting his crap on TWATO.

The afternoon was spent extracting three ercol dining chairs from the garage, plus a large mirror, then cleaning and polishing them in preparation for donation to the British Heart Foundation in the near future.

The mirror required a remarkable amount of polish to feed the wood after its lengthy sojourn, the chairs seem to have survived reasonably untouched, plus the seat cushions seem to have the required fire safety tag.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, a yog, some fruit cocktail, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E1: Fiat Dino 2400 Coupe: it's spent decades in a plod warehouse otherwise it would have dissolved long since. Bought: E15k, £12k5, Total: £14,480, Sold: £16k ish (I blinked & missed it).

The colourfully clad chap is in Snowdonia.

Joy of Painting: sadly endedj Villages by the sea: archaeology.

Who do you think you are? Ruby Wax. Bet this one isn't happy. . It wasn't.

Trucking Hell S6 E1: and around we go again. Or not.

Discovering Marlon Brando on Sky Arts.

Clint Eastwood: The Directors on Sky Arts. Strewth he's got old. When did that happen?

The Movies: the 1990s part one (WTF happened to the 1980s part II?).
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2023, 11:28.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The Toyota has been dropped off. Now, we wait…
          It passed!

Now I've got to walk all the way back again. At least it's downhill that way

Comment

Lunch was a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

But it was eaten rather hastily because I had to sit in on an interview of a prospective contractor to join our team. We did another one yesterday, but the bloke from the project who took the lead on the technical side had called in sick today, and I hadn't received the original invitation, so I had to hastily read his CV and generally work out what to ask about. It turned out that he was very good at asking questions himself, and I was able to give not entirely idiotic answers to them, so it all went quite smoothly

Comment

Ah lunch. I didn't get around to having that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Ah lunch. I didn't get around to having that.
                Then you're entitled to a really big tea

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Then you're entitled to a really big tea
                  As requested…

T
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

As requested…

T
                    Needs more bacon

Comment

Tea here has been beef & Guinness stew with a couple of bits of white bread. Very tasty, very filling

Comment

Working...
                      X