• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up making a sandwich late (ham and tomato with a bit o' mustard) and then wasn't in the mood for much dinner so a yoghurt has been had. I may be grumpy in the morning as a result.

Ents has been Great British Menu, the Scottish rounds.

Comment

I've wrapped the chicken carcass in muslin and stuck it in the slow cooker, along with various veg. I'll put it on overnight in the vague hope that by tomorrow, I'll have decided what I want to make with it

I haven't done the chicken and barley soup in quite a while. That ended up being a pretty decent recipe once I'd realised that chucking a good dose of tarragon in it really helps

Comment

There’s still at least one shrew in the roof, but it’s not gone into a trap yet.
        6 new traps bought, and the new release location is over by the horses.

66-16

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Fiat Dino, sourced from Italy, as he's obviously got bored of annoying Americans. I suspect there was something dodgy about this one that they didn't tell us, as they only drove it on a test track and sold it on to an enthusiast without registering it in the UK

And it's a new old season of the gold diggers, now expanded to include a team from Victoria.

Later: S3E6 (I think? might have been E7) of The Handmaid's Tale. I find this has a tendency to drag a bit in mid-season; they should have made each one a few episodes shorter and moved the pace up a gear

And finally, another chapter about Octavia and her followers. Having successfully prevented the General Strike leading to a revolution (for everything that happened in the nation was a direct result of what they did in their little cluster of houses near the Embankment in Bedford), they're now turning their attention to an infinitely more important matter: persuading the bishops of the CofE to open Joanna Southcott's box of prophecies, for in the words of their national advertising campaign, "Crime and banditry, distress and perplexity, will increase until the Bishops open Joanna Southcott's box!"

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Last 7 days: Mice 17, Shrews 2
            Last 7 days: Mice 20, Shrews 2

(Running total: 67 mice, 16 shrews)

At least one more shrew to go.

Morning all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start yet again, and on the cooler side at 3°C with the now-usual 8° promised for later. The barometers are up an amount which probably isn't important, at 1018/1026mB

I see the general trend for the temperature is downwards for the next week or so, with the possibility of snow (40%) on Tuesday

BUT: Friday!

Comment

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Frosty out there.

Cold in here at 10.2 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 6 deg in the leanto, 2 deg in the salting house.

1027.8 mBar, 30.327 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.895 psi, (up from 1026 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of April May 2019 it was Friday, misty over Baglan, NF was still watching S1 of B5, and mcquidd paid a visit after 8 years or so, and was surprised to find TPD still going.

Walk (unabbreviated) wallked in the grey sunless cold gloom.

Today's wildlife included a tree creeper and a yellow wagtail.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons soya and linseed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some programme waffling on about BMI, fat, diabetes and such like. It rapidly went <click> due to complete & utter lack of innerest. Especially when LGBTQ+ came into it for no readily apparent reason. Ooooer, Mrs. As it were.

Freecell score: 67%, running average 85%.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%. Fecking zoned right out today.

Tea: battered haddock, the remainder of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E2: 1992 Morgan Plus 4: bought: £13k, total: £14,600 (plus 130 hours of sweat & toil), sold: £21k. Now SORN, MOT ran out in 2019. Changed the chassis, bits of front suspension, rear springs (you could see how much softer the rear end was on the test drive).

Who do you think you are? Michelle Keegan whoever the feck that is.

Dial 999: Missing Person, 1958 epic from the Lord Russian Emigre stable.

Walking through history with Baldrick: the Norman conquest of Pembrokeshire, the bastards, "Little England beyond Wales".

Strangest Things: the viking coin found in Maine.

Secrets in the ice: why didn't the Titanic see the iceberg. Whale bones on a Russian island. Tunguska explosion. "The Bloop" sound in the Pacific.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2023, 11:27.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

On coming to deal with the chicken bones and veg that had been in the slow cooker overnight, I discovered that I only have a nugatory amount of pearl barley. Therefore I ventured forth on an early walk round to Sainsbury's Local in search of some more.

But they didn't have it. They had couscous, it being that kind of neighbourhood; but any adjacent space where they might also have stocked pearl barley was taken up with things like Super Noodles, it also being a neighbourhood through which many students pass. So I've had to fall back on making herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup instead

I usually make that in the InstantPot™ so it will be interesting to see how it comes out in the slow cooker instead.

And by way of reward for making such an early but fruitless excursion, I popped into the bakery and treated myself to a sausage and bacon cob (red sauce)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    BUT: Friday!
                    My 11am meeting has been moved to 2pm

Comment

The business between the pigeons and the crow has become more complex, as it appears one of the pigeons is sometimes acting like a dick towards the other pigeons, the same way the crow does. So maybe the crow is stepping in to say "Hey, see how you like it" and try to get it to mend its ways. But I don't actually know if it's the same pigeon, or if they're just a rambunctious bunch

So I've ordered a pair of binoculars off the RSPB website to help me get to the bottom of things. And they'll also be handy for observing the magpies, blackbirds, and squirrels too

Comment

Working...
                      X