• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It's dull and grey out. Signs of overnight rain but no precipitation at this moment. It's currently 15 degrees with a high of 19 later. Rain looks to be an almost dead cert all afternoon/evening. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

I went to bed early last night and HWMBO put the football on to watch the last knockings of the match. Turns out one team won, and another lost.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Potter, Josiah Wedgewood is born 1730

Comment

Stone me, listening to the babbling crap from the wireless is endless in its tedious self absorption.

There's only one way it could be worse.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

20.3 deg in here.

1008 mBar, 29.77 in Hg, 69% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing in the ultraviolet.

Walk walked in the closeness of the humidity.

Sun came out for a while to make it even worse.

Freecell score: 100% (of 9), running average 84% (84.02%).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg Heinz lentil soup and Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (the non blue bits), blackcurrant jam sandwiches on same x2, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The blue bits were removed from the affected slices and are destined for the compost heap, whilst the unblue bits have fed the jackdaws.

It struck me this morning how odd it was the the incinerated jackdaw gave off yellow light, whereas most arcs give off blue/ultraviolet light.

In other other news, the babbling on the wireless continues apace.

Raining. A lot.

Rivers running down the gutters in the road again.

The HD sat receiver just dropped out as is its wont.

Entertainment in the ennui of the afternoon: The Repair Shop: not terribly innerested in any of it today, though the method of using an iron to remove wood laminate was impressive.

Engineering Disasters on Forces TV: I think I've seen these before.

Yup, watched them before: the SL1 disaster is always inneresting.

Sun's out.

ZZ Top on Sky Arts.

Tea: more of the chicken & sausage, not so nice as yesterday, stewed gooseberries & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Karl Malden on Sky Arts.

"Star Trek into Darkness (2013)" with Leonard Nimoy again.

Seemed amusing enough bifurcated as it was by NCIS S17 E1 "Out of the darkness".

This last was rather enjoyable.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2021, 22:34.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Stone me, listening the babbling crap from the wireless is endless in its tedious self absorption.

My wireless is staying off today. The drivel coming from the Today programme* when my radio alarm clock went off this morning convinced me that I didn't need to hear any more.

*I should add: more tedious drivel than normal

Comment

Links are up

Comment

For those that might care about such things you can now book a flu vaccine appointment at Boots

Book an Appointment, Boots

So I'm book for September 22nd...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch was some cold cocktail sausages and crisps

Comment

Lunch was some leftovers from the weekend's Thai takeaway

Comment

25°C at the moment. Just planted a few shrubs and a climbing rose in our garden. The heavens are expected to open about 2am tomorrow morning with heavy rain all day. There's a severe weather warning out:

On Monday evening and night persistent thundery rain is expected widely spread. Accordingly, precipitation amounts of 60 to 100 l/m² in 18 hours are expected, locally even more. Tuesday night rain decreases significantly.

That's about 2.5 to 4 inches of rain. That's more than we expect in a month, usually. In other parts of the country, it could be double that. The Rhine is already looking awfully full.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The forecast rain has arrived. It's quite enthusiastic.

EDIT: With thunder!

EDIT2: and lightning!
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 12 July 2021, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      The Rhine is already looking awfully full.
                      at least it'll dilute the pharma poisons a little.
                      fewer two headed fish
                      Last edited by NotAllThere; 12 July 2021, 16:19. Reason: Fixed the quoting

Comment

Working...
                      X