• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped to the post box to send off a birthday and anniversary cards. Bloomin' chilly out but clear blue sky and sunny.

Elevensies is a cup of coffee and a slice of the lovely fruit cake HWMBO made on stir up Sunday, that I fed with cognac each week.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      where is WTFH?????
      have they bombed guildford?
      It is starting to get a bit worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        is it a worrying trend though?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          is it a worrying trend though?
          One third of mods going MIA? Potentially...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            <hiatus>

Walk walked in the perishing cold and lovely sunshine.

Two piss stops needed today, one by the top pond & another when I got home.

Oddly the top pond is ice free, the other ponds get icier the further down you go, until the bottom pond is iced over completely.
            Is the top pond defrosted because you peed in it?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Morning all

CBS and freezing cold with hard frost overnight that's resisting the sunshine so far.

In Hedgehog related news, our lodger is now north of 650g in weight which means he (or she) has put on more than 50% of their original bodyweight since we brought them inside. When they first came in I could pick them up in the palm of one hand, now it needs both to hold them safely. Advice from assorted rescues is that we will need to think about putting them on a diet if they get over a 1kg. At this rate that is going to be some time in February!
              Are you allowed to post pics of the continual weight gain or does their agent not allow it?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day, so much so that it's nominally "foggy"

Currently -2°C and not expected above zero by sunset; pressure 1008/1015mB.

Comment

One third of mods going AWOL? Potentially...
                  Ftfy

Comment

He tweeted yesterday, so he's still out there somewhere

Comment

First crank call of 2021!

"I am calling from the technical department of Sky about your internet connection."

01604 242824 is the number that came up but it could be from anywhere.

Strangely the caller hung up when I said I've never been a customer of Sky and, as I don't have an internet connection, what technical issue could I possibly have?
                      Turns out they were right about problems with Sky broadband...

Sky broadband down as internet crashes for hundreds during lockdown | Metro News

Comment

Working...
                      X