• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we always knew that a particular sockie is owned by a particular poster.

Said poster is currently banned so the sockie account has been used by said poster to answer a question only they can properly answer.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      my landlord is insisting i let an engineer into my house for a gas safety certificate.
      I've told her i'm not letting anyone in at present, due to the high infection rates.
      she'll get a surprise if she turns up expecting to get in.
      You are currently obliged to let the plumber in to do the inspection unless you are ill or isolating.

You don't need to let her in and I wouldn't.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice for landlords -
      Gas Safe Register
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You are currently obliged to let the plumber in to do the inspection unless you are ill or isolating.

You don't need to let her in and I wouldn't.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice for landlords -
        Gas Safe Register
        i dont need to let Anyone in. i asked for a postponement, but she wouldn't.
        if they want it next month, then maybe. but not right now.
        she can evict me in six months if she likes, after 4 years of perfect tenancy.

Comment

When does the Gas Safety Certificate expire?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You know you can have Covid like symptoms and then realise it was nothing/another common illness...

She will then just have to rearrange for the plumber to come back a few weeks later....

Comment

Popped out the back earlier. It's dashed chilly out there, with a bit of a lazy breeze. Not walking today

While out there I noticed that the recycling bin was full; much of mine I put in there when I brought it in last week, and from the boxes I could see I think there must be a lot of Christmas present packaging. Anyway, thanks to them having actually emptied them all before Christmas, there were a couple of empty ones hanging around outside. So I trundled it out, and trundled a fresh one back in

Coming indoors, I checked the Sainsbury's website on the off chance and there was a free delivery slot for tomorrow night, 10-11pm! So I grabbed that and ordered various bits. I then cross-checked various items with the Iceland website and several were a fair bit cheaper there, particularly Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puds. So I crossed those things off the Sainsbury's list and added some other bits to get it back up to the £40 minimum for free delivery, submitted that order, then popped out again over to Iceland and got the cheaper things

Comment

HWMBO and I took a walk up to the Gloucester Road Waitrose. The police were closing off part of Cromwell Road and we were some of the last pedestrians allowed through. There seemed to be fire brigade personnel by one of the hotels near Waitrose. I suppose I could see if there's anything on BBC London to explain the goings on.

Chilly out, a bit of a sharp breeze and that annoying, spitty rain which doesn't warrant a brolly.

Comment

Very eerily quiet out there.

Just lots of people running in the dark with bike lights attached to their clothes.

It's amazing how much faster people run when it is cold or probably only those into running who run fast bother going out in this weather....

Comment

Well that's not sounding very interesting

Traffic status updates - Transport for London

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Very eerily quiet out there.

Just lots of people running in the dark with bike lights attached to their clothes.

It's amazing how much faster people run when it is cold or probably only those into running who run fast bother going out in this weather....
                      I was hoping for more of the 28 Days Later vibe we had last March, but the road isn't much quieter than usual. Mind, we've been in lockdown for so long, usually coming out of it just long enough for me to get a haircut, that I suspect people here don't take it as seriously now

Comment

Working...
                      X