• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Seems bright enough outside, dry but cloudy. Currently 1 degree and we'll reach the dizzy heights of 2 later. No rain expected. Barometer down a touch to 1018 mBar.

First coffee being drunk. Clocking off early to attend a zoom recording of Infinite Monkey Cage this afternoon.

Today's Kantar diary fact:
    Sci-fi comic strip 'Buck Rogers' first appears in a newspaper 1929

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      asdfasdf
      Century

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Morning

Waiting for shopping delivery. FFS no milk.

I forgot there is a hole outside so was wondering what the noise was.
        Do what LM does. Use gin instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all.

Seems bright enough outside, dry but cloudy. Currently 1 degree and we'll reach the dizzy heights of 2 later. No rain expected. Barometer down a touch to 1018 mBar.

First coffee being drunk. Clocking off early to attend a zoom recording of Infinite Monkey Cage this afternoon.

Today's Kantar diary fact:
          Sci-fi comic strip 'Buck Rogers' first appears in a newspaper 1929

How is HWMBO? Are you ready to strangle him yet?

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Perishingly cold. 15.4 deg in here.

1020 mBar, inHg, 54% RH.

Allegedly Thursday but WTF nose any more?

Woke at 05:10 & dozed/slept through until 08:10 whilst listening to The World Service/Shipping Forecast/R4.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the perishing cold and lovely sunshine.

Two piss stops needed today, one by the top pond & another when I got home.

Oddly the top pond is ice free, the other ponds get icier the further down you go, until the bottom pond is iced over completely.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly on crust of same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Tried to load the circuit simulator thing on the pc upstairs but it declares that it's not the original CD (which it isn't) so that's a fail then.

Can't remember the way around that which is a pity.

Maybe I should boot one of the old ones with it on.

Then it was on to the last bit of jiggery pokery in the tinshed, being the bolting down of the 3" engineer's vice onto the chunk of hardwood using the 75mm screws instead of the 100mm ones that would have made it easy.

A quick countersinking with a 22mm wood drill (one of those funny flat ones that I very rarely use) did the business and the vice is now fixed firmly in place.

Innerestingly, the hardwood is so hard that an actual wood cutting 10mm twist drill wouldn't drill it and I used a 10 mm metal cutting drill instead which did a fine job.

Afternoon entertainment: Sewermen S1 E7 & 8.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, a Morrisons mince pie (last one), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, plus a biscuit.

Entertainment: Traffic Cops on Paramount.

Now: "Something's killing me": Fatal Familial Insomnia, caused by a mutated gene that leads to a prion disease.

Lovely.

Autosomal dominant just to make it even better.

In other other news, it's raining.

Considering the temperature I'd have thunk that snow was appropriate, but it's raining.

Now: Bloodline Detectives: The Llandarcy Murders, 1973.

How The Saturday Night Strangler was finally unmasked 30 years after the brutal murders of two young women - Wales Online

He did 3.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 January 2021, 22:16.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

Its another day in tpdville.

Comment

Morning all

CBS and freezing cold with hard frost overnight that's resisting the sunshine so far.

In Hedgehog related news, our lodger is now north of 650g in weight which means he (or she) has put on more than 50% of their original bodyweight since we brought them inside. When they first came in I could pick them up in the palm of one hand, now it needs both to hold them safely. Advice from assorted rescues is that we will need to think about putting them on a diet if they get over a 1kg. At this rate that is going to be some time in February!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How is HWMBO? Are you ready to strangle him yet?
                  He's alive and well, thank you. No strangulation events yet on either side.

Comment

Covid: Llandudno vaccination centre delay prompts apology - BBC News

Typical Welsh. I bet more people end up catching COVID from the queues than being saved by the vaccinations.

Still as long as all the staff speak WElsh its all okay...

Comment

morning
                      CBS and seriously King Billy in shivery sarf herts.
                      where is WTFH?????
                      have they bombed guildford?

Comment

Working...
                      X