• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You've just reminded me that I had some hot cross buns delivered earlier. Time to toast one (or two, they are mini sized) methinks.

It would seem that Ocado deliver HCBs all year round nowadays.
    All the supermarkets now sell them all year round. (I've been getting done since November.)

Don't know why they don't use the same recipe to make buns that taste the same without the cross.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just popped up to the Amazon Locker. It is, shall we say, bracing out there

But I now have a fresh supply of tiny bottles of olive oil for squirting down my ears; for my right ear has suddenly decided to accumulate wax again

Now to rest my head on the arm of the chair for a while in the hope it'll trickle down to the tympanum in the desired manner

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        All the supermarkets now sell them all year round. (I've been getting done since November.)

Don't know why they don't use the same recipe to make buns that taste the same without the cross.
        Or make them with other symbols such as crescents, stars of David, and pentagrams (your choice whether to eat them inverted or not)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just popped up to the Amazon Locker. It is, shall we say, bracing out there

But I now have a fresh supply of tiny bottles of olive oil for squirting down my ears; for my right ear has suddenly decided to accumulate wax again

Now to rest my head on the arm of the chair for a while in the hope it'll trickle down to the tympanum in the desired manner
          You can buy olive oil in any supermarket, you know, it's no longer restricted to chemists

Comment

Or make them with other symbols such as crescents, stars of David, and pentagrams (your choice whether to eat them inverted or not)
            There is the (Scottish) saltire variant too

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              You can buy olive oil in any supermarket, you know, it's no longer restricted to chemists
              Yes, but the ordinary stuff isn't sufficiently filtered for sticking down your ears; it can contain tiny bits of vegetable matter and so on, which you don't really want festering in there.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Glad admin's changed the hamster at last.
                I believe the issue was getting the duct tape off the old one.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes, but the ordinary stuff isn't sufficiently filtered for sticking down your ears; it can contain tiny bits of vegetable matter and so on, which you don't really want festering in there.
                  It'd be a tad embarrassing if NF turned into the Greenchimp version of the Green Man.

Or even a green monkey, though that might be inadvisable for various viral reasons.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Wondering what time the Sainsbury's delivery will turn up. They're usually early for these late evening deliveries, but probably not tremendously early, so I can probably go to the Chinese at the usual time, I reckon. Anyway, it's only three minutes' walk away so if they're that early, they can wait

Comment

Wondering what time the Sainsbury's delivery will turn up. They're usually early for these late evening deliveries, but probably not tremendously early, so I can probably go to the Chinese at the usual time, I reckon. Anyway, it's only three minutes' walk away so if they're that early, they can wait
                      Now you know they do dodgy call routing you're more likely to answer the phone too

Comment

Working...
                      X