• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I've read a number of his books, and they're all very good.

Comment

Though he's, sadly, largely forgotten now

Comment

Pali!

Comment

He's not forgotten by me.

I did have the opportunity to purchase the Richard Burton epic in Oxfam in Cardiff, but they wanted something like £7 for it which is rather more than my usual max of £2.

I'd wondered at the sudden spurt, as it were, of posts.

Now Al ist Klar.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2021, 21:44.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              It was… nice enough, I suppose

I tried the newfangled sweet & sour spare ribs, and they aren't anywhere near as good as the ones from the other place.

And they do seem to have changed something about the chicken & sweetcorn soup, though it's still OK, if somehow different.

Comment

Tonight's only telly was one of those police things that I must have seen a dozen times before whilst dining. After that, I finished my book

Getting an early night now, as I have stuff I want to do tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start with a distinct lack of cloud. Will this torment never end? Currently 24°C out there and going for 30° later; in here, it's already 27°

A good, refreshing night's sleep was had, though. I attribute this to having removed the duvet from the equation entirely when it became obvious that it would be far too hot, sleeping beneath only the duvet cover instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Pali!
                    Nice one!

Comment

Morning all

Another hot day beckons. Currently 24 degrees and 30/31 forecast. Barometer dropped slightly to 1026 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      An image of all-girld band 'Les Horribles Cernettes' becomes the first ever photo posted on the world wide web 1992

Comment

Working...
                      X