• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice tea: lamb chops, chips, peas and gravy, with mint sauce of course

Comment

My Tuesday catch up of Monday's TV comprised OC and UC.

That was followed by a couple of episodes of The Curse of Oak Island. A filler episode summarising the Templar connection. Next, the Templar enthusiast lady having a look at the lead cross (still not shown to anyone I'd call a metallurgy expert), some digging along the beach and a realisation that it might be steel blocking progress on the DMT shaft into the Money Pit which, to my stunned surprise, was considered to be placed there on purpose.

Comment

Finished Russians Among Us earlier. Very interesting book, with a lot about the stuff Russia's been up to since their illegals were busted in 2010, such as Crimea and the US election interference

And telly during and after tea was a NEW! episode of Police Interceptors

Wonder if we'll find out tomorrow what the verdict is on how to proceed with this project? I'm back working on the Django visualisations now, but it could still all be for naught

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

High hazy cloud at the moment, though the weather app thinks it's sunny; perhaps when that burns off it will be, though it'll cloud over again this afternoon. Currently 14°C with 23° expected later, barometers up somewhat at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Morning all

It felt dull but, on looking out the window, there's a clear blue sky. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 23 expected later. No rain due. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

HWMBO arrives later this afternoon for a one-night stand on his way home from indoctrinating people into the way of TOGAF. Out for dinner at Quo Vadis.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Queen Anne holds the first ever race meeting at Ascot 1711

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sun's out

Putting my early start to good use by sorting out a cheapskate Sainsbury's delivery for Friday afternoon/evening

I managed to avoid the temptation to order too much stuff like food that would end up making the freezer situation impossible to manage again, given that I'm hoping to have got it under control by the weekend

But they've got some quite decent Habitat storage jars on special offer. I got a couple of large ones recently to deal with the aftermath of buying two kilos of basmati rice in a packet that tore easily whenever I tried to use some of it, and quite like them, so I'm getting some more in various sizes to help out with similar situations involving lentils and the pea and barley mix used for Scotch broth
                Last edited by NickFitz; 11 August 2021, 07:42.

Comment

Morning. Been up and working for about five hours now.

Water temperature

Birs 13.7 °C
                  Rhein 18.8 °C

Temperature 19.8 °C
                  Sunshine 10 of 10 min
                  Precipitation 0 mm/h
                  Wind speed 3 km/h
                  Wind direction ENE
                  Wind gusts 6 km/h
                  Relative humidity 76%
                  Pressure 983 hPa

High of 28°C today.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Had something akin to the Finals Dream before waking.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dark grey sky.

Sunless.

Chilly at 19.7 deg in here.

1013 and a bit mBar, 29.922 in Hg, 68% RH.

Wednesday.

Quick vac around the house to keep the level of filth below ceiling height.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Lamorghini Espada, 4 litre V12 from 1971.

Best quality Italian rust.

Trucking Hell S3 E?

Tea: the last of the roast chicken, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Julia Roberts.

Elementary S6 E13 "through the fog".

Dr Pimplepopper.

Freecell score: 72%, it got up as far as 80% and down as far as 50%.

gave up. Time for bed. In danger of smashing stuff.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 August 2021, 22:59.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The verdict is in, and they've gone for the hybrid approach: the original data-gathering app will now be extended to display a bunch of purely textual data as well, and the visualisations will live over on QuickSight. So the work on the Python/Django analysis and visualisation app has all been for naught (but will be handy for my CV), while the stuff I did on QS will live on (or possibly I'll throw it away and do it again now I have a better idea of what I'm doing)

And most importantly: extension to the end of September has been approved

Definitely having a break after that; seven months' work is quite enough for one year

Comment

Working...
                      X