• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Posting it here as I don't do general

Eek Jr 1 has her A level results and has just managed to swap to doing Horology at Birmingham City from Planning at Newcastle University.

The Grade C in Geography shows that something practical without either essays and exams makes more sense for her.

Something something time-related pun

Comment

I found there was one remaining herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup in the freezer; so that, with some wholemeal bread, was lunch

And I now know what to do with last night's chicken, as it was delicious

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Time will tell if Horology is the right choice

Well the other possible option is a degree apprenticeship at the Valuations Agency - but she still hasn't heard back from the interview she had over 3 weeks ago...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Well the other possible option is a degree apprenticeship at the Valuations Agency - but she still hasn't heard back from the interview she had over 3 weeks ago...
          Well that's rubbish.

Horology sounds interesting. I didn't realise it was a degree subject. Sounds like the sort of thing I'd do just for interest

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Well that's rubbish.

Horology sounds interesting. I didn't realise it was a degree subject. Sounds like the sort of thing I'd do just for interest
            +1

Comment

In next door's garden cutting some ash trees in my hedge that I couldn't reach from my side and disturbed a wasps' nest. Got stung at least 6 times. Fortunately, they don't effect me much, stop hurting after a few minutes. Still, I won't be feeding them any jam this year!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

That horology course looks very inneresting judging by their website.

Oddly there's not a mention of semiconductors at all.

Just proper clocks & watches.

I was thinking of making a cuckoo clock a few days ago but I really can't be arsed.

I think I vaguely remember having one, long long ago and far far away next door, but suspect it got destroyed much like a lot of other things did.

My horological obsession seems to have included the MSF Rugby transmissions, for which I finally implemented a receiver and decoder a mere 40 odd years after the first article appeared in Wireless World in 1976.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2021, 19:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ominous news: the consultancy who are my actual client say that if the September extension doesn't happen, they may have something else for me

Better be more money, and a hiatus before it starts. I could do with a rest

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Ominous news: the consultancy who are my actual client say that if the September extension doesn't happen, they may have something else for me

Better be more money, and a hiatus before it starts. I could do with a rest
                    More money and part time

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

There were a number of wingy ants emerging from the cracks in the pavements and, on the second half, flying around too; not sure if they'd been flying at the start and I just didn't notice until one flew into my face, after which I was watching out for them

Comment

Working...
                      X