• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked out this company and the scheme behind it all, and it seems the city council has adopted a version of this scheme which provides grants to people who aren't on benefits and are in privately-rented accommodation if they meet certain other criteria, which I think I do, at least for the moment. But as far as I can tell, it should be me doing the application, not the landlord; and I haven't, and they have. So still very dubious about what's going on

Anyway, the surveyor should have been here forty-five minutes ago and there's still no sign of her. Maybe the landlord got cold feet and withdrew the application when they realised they wouldn't get the cash in hand?

Though they'd still end up with an upgrade to the property, so I don't see why they'd back out now…

Comment

Which would have me wondering who's been signing what, and in what name…
      You may come back from the Chinese to find your flat is occupied by a sockie.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        You may come back from the Chinese to find your flat is occupied by a sockie.

I've just texted the woman who's supposedly organising things to ask if I can safely assume the surveyor won't be here today and get on with my life, given that she's over an hour late

Wouldn't be surprised to find she came, tried the doorbell (which hardly ever works, which is fine by me), and went away again

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          So when the Dad / Mum / other kids talk over the telly they can understand the subtleties of the story?
          I don't think we are even in the same room when they watch TV - it's mainly netflix crime documentaries.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Turkey soup and wholemeal bread for lunch

Still no sign of a surveyor, nor any response to the text. Makes me wonder why I got up early(ish)

Comment

Apparently the surveyor put it in the wrong page in her diary, which if nothing else tells us she's keeping appointments in a paper diary rather than a calendar that automatically syncs with her phone

I now need to decide when she should come instead, which if anything is even more annoying than being told a date, as it means I have to make a decision

Comment

Went for a drive about to charge up the car battery. Through Chiswick, down to Kew and back. Then pootled along to the fishmongers on Bute Street where HWMBO bought oysters, a lobster, a John dory, some octopus and other things.

Comment

Walk walked, green ring and red ring closed

Didn't have to go as far as usual, as rushing down to the bin a few times this morning (the boiler that the surveyor was supposed to inspect being in the corner where the recycling gathers) and a bit of mopping and vacuuming had clocked up some time on both of those rings

Oh, and as a result of said journeys, the recycling bin has already been trundled against the morrow. There didn't seem to be an empty replacement without a number immediately to hand, so I'll have to remember to grab one tomorrow.

Comment

Mundane laundry on, time saver cycle

And the bed has been stripped and left to air for a while before being made up again. Here's hoping I remember before I want to crash out

Comment

Watching BBC Four - Timeshift, Series 14, Killer Storms and Cruel Winters - The History of Extreme Weather which should prove interesting.

If you think Britain has recently been on the end of some of the worst floods and storms ever experienced, think again. So says solar scientist Dr Lucie Green, as she takes a journey back through our most turbulent and dramatic weather history.

She finds an 18th-century storm surge that killed over a thousand people working in open Somerset fields, a hurricane that drowned a fifth of the British Navy and winters so bitter that the country came close to total shutdown. But she also explores how our reactions to killer storms and cruel winters helped forge a weather science that today allows us to predict - and protect ourselves from - the worst extremes.

Comment

Working...
                      X