• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night victory special: thick-cut ribeye steak with fried onions, chips and beans. Delicious!

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Godzilla vs. Kong (2021), featuring that most excellent mighty ape from that other film

There's also some big lizard in it, but I'm not sure why. It isn't a Gorn, and it doesn't seem particularly useful

And then I watched The Devil Wears Prada (2006) and The Intern (2015) back to back, because if I don't, who will? (I did wonder if I'd done this before, but even if I did, I figured it was worth doing again.) Conclusion: both wonderful, yet sufficiently different that it makes no sense to try to decide which is better; just watch both

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Wet. Very Wet.

Sunless.

Grey, very Grey.

Colder at 16.9 deg in here.

995 mBar, 29.4 in Hg, 746.3 Torr, 74% RH.

Saturday.

No potching today, too wet.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: about 90%ish, running average 84% (84.174%).

The rain is easing off a bit & it's certainly lighter than it was.

Rain stopped.

Sky lightened.

Bits of blue.

Sun came out.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

It wouldn't have been abbreviated if the leat hadn't been overflowing quite so much.

Can't jump that far any more and the overflow was too deep to walk through..

Tea: spag with fiery bol, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more UFO nonsense on Blaze.

"Bad Boys Forever (2020)" with that Will Smith & Martin Lawrence, amusing enough in its way.

The last 20 minutes of a thing on 5+1 about Michael Caine, followed by one of the good bits of "Harry Brown (2009)" on 5:

Originally posted by Harry Brown
        You failed to maintain your weapon, son
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2021, 08:12.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's dull and overcast but dry. Currently 12 degrees, with a high of 16 later. Rain expected all day. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

Woke up a few times and had to remind myself that it was the weekend and I didn't need to get up. Eventually was awake enough to look at the clock at about 8.40 am. Put the radio on for a bit, before getting up at 9.10 am.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          The first 'Parkrun' known as the Bushy Park Time Trial takes place at Bushy Park in London 2004.

I wonder if mudskipper is taking part in an anniversary jog somewhere?

Comment

Raining and will get worse according to wf. No loony lady 1 walk today then. Maybe spend a boring day trying to repair all the things that have gone wrong recently. My phone camera app that won't connect, the bog door knob that keeps falling off, the leaf blower that's lost power, the hedge trimmer that won't turn off, my brain....
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The rain is doing its raining thing. Not very heavy but certainly persistent.

Laundry being laundered.

My little DIY jobs are coming along nicely. I will need to get some white emulsion but I'm not going out in the rain to buy it today.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rainy grey day out. Not very warm either; 12°C now, maybe managing to make 13° by nightfall. Barometers have fallen sharply again to 982/989mB

We're having an Antipodean Zoom in the morning. Ho hum.

Comment

Pâté on sesame bloomer toast for lunch again

Comment

Rain is still doing its thing.

All laundry has been washed and draped about.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X