• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Emotionless greeting}

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      {Emotionless greeting}

Morning all
      Did DHL ever turn up?

Comment

Good morning all

There's a pale wispy cloud/blue sky thing going on this morning. Dry. Dim while the sun continues its inexorable rise to its zenith. Currently 13 degrees, with a high of 17 later. It's expected to be sunny. Rain due overnight. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Realised I didn't have an 'exit sub' if the user didn't select the import files, so I have to add that this morning. Demo at 1430. It's only for me and the other BA to use but it still needs testing as it'll be doing the first pass analysis for our data migrations.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner becomes the first woman elected President of Argentina 2007

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Did DHL ever turn up?
          Yes they did, slightly unexpectedly. Followed shortly thereafter by a phone call by the supplier to check that the delivery had finally happened OK and to apologise again.

Rather amusingly, I had an email from DHL yesterday morning to say a delivery was coming to me today. I couldn't work out what it was until I searched my emails for the reference number and realised it was Arlo shipping me a replacement camera. I wonder when that will arrive.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Grey.

Sunless.

No current precipitation.

Windy.

Less chilly at 17.4 deg in here.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 72% RH.

Thursday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked prior to the onset of the forecast monsoon.

Strangely warm out there.

No good shall come of this.

The forecast monsoon has arrived.

Lunch: more of that lentil soup I made the other day. It's not as good as the Heinz version.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing: Chinese couple with bags full of "food" assorted fish oils and other stuff: nothing naughty but they had to pay GIT of $260 to retain it due to the enormous quantity involved.

NZ chap with 3.5 kg of H: 10 years in clink.

More Chinese "food".

Illegal immigrants working on farms: $16k fine for the employer.

NZ Border Patrol: NZ meth addict returning from Oz after 12 years & a prison sentence.

8 kg of ephedrine found in two panda garden ornaments.

No potching today.

Freecell score: 100% (of 6), running average 84%.

Tea: the last of the chilli con carne with rice, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering James Mason.

Quantum Leap S1 E4.

Joy of Painting: I was awake for the squirrel kit.

Discovering Tom Cruise. It didn't mention Scientology.

Pompeii: Secrets of the Dead.

Still raining.

Doomsday: caught on camera: more lunacy but no UFOs. How to avoid a pyroclastic flow from Stromboli. Hint: stay away from Stroboli.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2021, 21:42.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was quite sunny out forty-five minutes ago, but now it's back to grey and rather breezy

Currently 14°C with 17° expected this afternoon, no rain predicted during daylight hours, barometers distinctly down at 999/1007mB

The hand coffee grinder has produced coffee which, once brewed, tastes much as my coffee usually tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I wonder when that will arrive.

You never expect the Arlo Inquisition?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Heinz chicken soup with sesame bloomer toast for lunch

Comment

Breakfast was a couple of crumpets. Lunch was tomato soup.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I checked the recycling bin on the way out, and it's got one bag at the bottom with very little in it. Even if I added my stuff, including Amazon boxes, it wouldn't be more than a third full. So I'm going to leave it this week

Comment

Working...
                      X