• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Om Zen Chury.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Chilly at 16.7 deg in here.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 72% RH.

Tuesday.

TV Times (DR Who?) edition purchased.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the greyness that didn't rain upon me.

Small hedgehog on next door's lawn.

Thought it was dead but it isn't.

Can't find a local hedgehog rescue service so it's probably had it.

Lunch: roast hedgehog on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast. Yum more of that lentil soup from yesterday with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing: the usual Chinese "food", an Irish chap who'd worked on a visitor visa: returned to Ireland.

NZ Border Patrol: a suitcase that smelled so bad they opened it on the runway and yes, it contained a durian, a fruit so malodorous that it's usually banned from aircraft for that very reason: binned along with the shedload of other food, undeclared of course.

A Malaysian chap who "smelled offensive": due to the tins of chocolate which also contained the packets of cocaine that had previously resided inside his bowels: 6 years in clink in Oz.

The three Israelis who had ephedrine secreted in their suitcases: 8 years each in NZ clink.

A Chinese family busted for undeclared peaches/nectarines: tried to blame the kids: $390 fine.

House roughly vacced, during which the continuing search for the nail scissors continued with the usual lack of success.

WTF I've done with the damn things is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Ho hum.

Tea: rather than roast hedgehog: Tesco breaded haddock, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Natalie Wood.

Joy of Painting: If you could bottle this it'd be a winner.

Quantum Leap S1 E1&2 "Genesis".

The Rookie S1 E6 "The Hawke".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 October 2021, 21:02.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Oak Island nutjobs S8 E7 "Mounding Evidence".

Beginning to think this has completely jumped the shark.
      You've only just come to that conclusion?

New series starts in T-7 days

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Don't start watching Richard Hammond's car restoration series - 2 episodes in and all you are seeing is Richard Hammond writing large cheques to keep the show on the road.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Not really, but due to the plague there's very little going on in S8.

They've barely found any wood.

The exciting thing was the ox shoes, the iron spike, and the Chinese coin that I'd sussed 7 weeks before the fecking expert.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Wholemeal toast accomplished

Comment

Mundane laundry done & draped

Currently working on setting up some automated tests using Cypress to help me fix the moderator stuff that's broken, like moving threads and posts. Looks like I'll have to also put together some debug stuff on the server side, just to keep things consistent. But that'll be on my test server, as I'm sure it would confuse everybody if I kept running some automated process that made nonsensical threads appear, move around, and disappear on the live site, rather than all of that happening in the natural course of things

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with multiseed bread. Very nice indeed; just the thing for a grey day

Comment

Productive day so far. Writing a macro to do my job I'll make myself redundant one of these days.

Comment

Still no DHL delivery.

This morning I phoned them and was told it would be loaded on a van by 11am.

At 12 I phoned them to be told it was delayed and that it might be out tomorrow...
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Arty farty with various loony ladies & 1 other bloke today. Painted monsters as usual.

Actually getting somewhere with Stripe. Docs ain't great, lot of Googling, but better than other payment things I've tried.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X