• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have decided to hell with what time the clock says, I'm hungry, so chicken and chips it is for an early tea

Comment

Still very windy out

Comment

I keep thinking I've forgotten something.

Ah! The bed!

Comment

Chicken and barley soup with multiseed bread for tea; starvation averted

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I keep thinking I've forgotten something.

Ah! The bed!
            Good catch!

Comment

Telly has been the most recent episode of Ambulance followed by a further episode of The Repair Shop

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies, sunshine and no howling gale here. That'll be because I'm at my desk, not doing outdoor stuff.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry, clear blue sky, light breeze. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 13 later. Sunshine expected all day. Barometer up to 995 mBar.

Rubbish sleep but oddly don't feel too tired. Peculiar dreams and sensations (like a couple of moments just before properly coming to where I thought something brushed against my shoulder or where it seemed like something lifted me up just slightly off the bed). Spoooooky.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  In an attempt to protect its vulnerable coral reefs, Palau becomes the first country to ban sunscreen 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    This clock change malarkey is annoying. I keep thinking it's dinner time.
                    Zen. Chury. Om.

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny.

Colder at 16.3 deg in here.

992 mBar, 29.29 in Hg, 744 Torr, 73% RH.

Monday.

The sunlight is gleaming on the telex machine.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the glorious windfree rainfree sunshine.

It's quite pleasant out there, for a change, which, apparently, is as good as a rest.

Lunch: poached tomato (Tesco: yesterday: getting soft) and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing: Vietnamese illegally fishing for sea cucumbers which look repulsive but are worth a mint: 3 tons returned to the sea, dead as the proverbial, NZ Border Patrol: Ukranian fishermen, all 256 of them: one naughty one, a slow learner, busted again for excess tobacco, Brazilian hooker from Oz got flown back to Brazil.

Finally connected up the tin shed to the cable and lo! it didn't trip the trip & everything appeared to work as expected.

One of the PIR sensors down on the garage had given up the ghost despite still working a couple of weeks ago, so changed that, took the old one to bits to find it all rusty & generally fecked up inside.

"Pointed"* the hard to access part of the endwall of the garage, we shall see if it helps at all with The Puddle (which had dried up this morning since the rain wasn't hitting the endwall due to the wind direction changing).

*"Pointed" inasmuch as some of the gaps between the vertical edges of some of the blocks was about an inch. Once it's all dry I'll go over it again with tanking.

The clock in the salting house is wildly wrong since I forgot to change it yesterday and it's lost about half an hour anyway. Probly needs a new cell.

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage, a yog, some peach slices, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Frank Sinatra. They didn't mention "Dirty Harry".

Quantum Leap S1 E6 "Double Identity": the Godfather one.

Joy of Painting. <- very very nearly <snore>

Dispatches: how green is the government: this is putting the tv in peril every time bunter's ugly fizog appears thereon.

The presentation was even more irritating than Bunter, so it's now "Raiders of the lost past" on BBC4, or the last half of it..

The Oak Island nutjobbery. Not on this week.

Instead: "Roswell: the first witness". Crap according to imdb.

NCIS S17 E17 "In a nutshell"
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 November 2021, 20:30.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start after some overnight rain and strong winds

Still seems a bit breezy out there. Currently on 11°C which is, it turns out, as good as it gets; barometers up a bit at 982/990mB

Comment

Working...
                      X