• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Oh did I miss the update about being a married lady's bit of fluff? Did anything exciting happen?
    Nah. Was feeling too knackered to go to that pub she mentioned. Maybe next week.

Loony lady 1 walk ended up as boring wander round familiar local place as her back still hurts too much for a long walk to the beach. Got a slipped disc.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Currently 29°C out, and the weather app says it "feels like" it too. But there's quite a fresh breeze, which improved things a little when I popped out the back earlier.

So I'm wondering whether to take my walk at the usual time and hope the breeze will make it bearable, or leave it until later
      I decided to go for it and trust in the breeze, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Naturally the breeze dropped once I was past the point of no return, so my face now resembles a ripe tomato

Comment

Lightning outside. Just read you can still be injured by lightning while indoors!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You're safe enough in a car as long as it's not a Lotus.

Dunno about glass sunroofs though.

Well that's inneresting:

https://physicsworld.com/a/are-farad...ously-thought/

Nearly as inneresting as this:

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-talen...g-their-phones

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2021, 10:46.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea: roast Big Chicken dinner, and very nice it was

It was an actually big chicken this time too; the largest of its kind that was on the shelf at Sainsbury's when I went there last week, much brawnier than those things they've been sending me in deliveries. About 4½lb, so there should be plenty of soup to come too

Comment

Telly has been one-and-a-half episodes of the factory programme, covering the manufacture of Bailey's Irish Cream, and Le Creuset casserole pots

No rain yet, but it's promised Real Soon Now; we shall see

Goodnight all

Comment

We have arrived and are very happy bunnies.

The stamp in our passports says we can stay until December...

Comment

Morning denizens

Some rain arrived overnight it seems, though it's only a bit damp out so I assume it wasn't torrential. It's partly cloudy now, with a red sunrise, which I was informed by a usually reliable source (my mother when I was a child) denotes a "sailor's warning". More rain forecast for this afternoon with varying degrees of likelihood, with the current 16° potentially rising to 23°; barometers down again, to 999/1007mB

Didn't sleep very well, which I suspect was due to being too hot, the last few days having caused the usual buildup of heat within the property. But the bedroom is down to 23° at the moment and might reduce a bit more during the day. Either way, I'll not be switching to the thicker duvet just yet

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    We have arrived and are very happy bunnies.

The stamp in our passports says we can stay until December...

With a bit of luck the Omicron Variant will have carried off Johnson and his cronies by then and it might be safe to return

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Currently 29°C out, and the weather app says it "feels like" it too. But there's quite a fresh breeze, which improved things a little when I popped out the back earlier.

So I'm wondering whether to take my walk at the usual time and hope the breeze will make it bearable, or leave it until later
                      Om.

Morning.

Dry Wet. Very very wet. As wet as an otter's pocket sort of wet.

Sunless.

Still warmish at 22.3 deg in here.

1002 mBar, 29.58 in Hg, 73% RH.

Thursday.

Good to see the weather's unborked itself.

No working in the garden today.

Just as well I did that lawn when it was passingly dry.

Trip down town to Wilko & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

I was down to my last spud so Something Must Be Done about it.

Very close today, but the sun has wanly shone for a while.

Entertainment: "Havana Syndrome" from R4.

The NZ customs Border Patrol thing: the ep with the Indian cricketers, with my all time favourite twat of twats, the spin bowler mofo who's too grand to declare his 2nd set of boots and much too grand to clean them.

He also wants someone to repack his bags for him.

This twat: https://thedigitalyug.com/startup/tu...ingh-biography

Stuck up ****.

The manager has to pay his $200 fine.

Oh good, , it's the ep with the Chinese lady with a shedload of duck, bamboo shoots, and other crap.

And it's all carefully hidden.

Oh dear(tm). Max fine: $100k & 5 years in clink.

Then an ancient Indian chap who failed to declare two mangoes and some honey: $200.

Following that, the entertainment consisted of installing 80% of the cable down to the garage, with the remaining 20% becoming more challenging since I've run out of wall to screw it onto.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the remaining mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jodie Foster, which I seem to recall seeing previously.

The Cold War thing on Sky Arts: from Ipcress through Tinker Tailor, Fail Safe & something called "Doctor Strangelove" to the joys of On The Beach & such like.

"Something's killing me" which is about Dr Vince Gilmer who offed his father, though he may have had a reason or two.

Elementary S7 E9 "On the scent".

Skin A&E.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2021, 19:26.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X