• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiny new toys!

Lidl - branch cutter 20V, I have a baby version (12v) and its one of my favourite toys. This one has a much bigger battery & motor.

Orbital sander - finally a battery one - no cable so annoying!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

ents - willed to kill = a reasonable made for TV thriller good enough not to ruin.

open range (weekend) - excellent western Robert Duvall & Kevin Costner nailed it.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Telly after the Voyager thing was the DB Cooper thing

Goodnight all

Comment

Off to Europapark this morning for a jolly two day business meeting. Weather looks good for it. High of 26 and sunny. Dull and rainy tomorrow. We're staying the Nordic themed hotel, so dinner is, what? Raw fish?

Current conditions:

Water temperature

Birs 15.2 °C
          Rhein 20.1 °C

Temperature 15.6 °C
          Sunshine 0 of 10 min (the sun hasn't risen yet!)
          Precipitation 0 mm/h
          Wind speed 5 km/h
          Wind direction E
          Wind gusts 13 km/h
          Relative humidity 89%
          Pressure 978 hPa
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Very grey day today, with the drizzle due to start any time now and continue through the day

Currently 13°C (the new 14°) with an expected high of 16°, barometers down at 1006/1013mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20 deg in here.

1008 mBar, 29.766 in Hg, 756 Torr, 73% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

Walk walked along the alternative route, with the TV Times being purchased on the way back.

Lunch: the Ginsters Moroccan Vegan pasty that I'd forgotten about in the fridge, Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, a red enpipped corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the NZ Border Patrol thing: lots of apple smuggling in this one.

I rather miss Car SOS.

Further potching with the electricks in the salting house.

New security light (led) fitted but not yet connected up.

Rose bush pruned a bit.

Tea: breaded haddock poached salmon, peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ed Harris.

The Curse of Oak Island S8 E2/E3 whatever the feck it is, the brothers have finally reached the island & are out of quarantine.

In the meantime Gary has found a coin with a square hole in it, a bit of a pewter spoon, a fecked up pick axe head, and others have found A Stone With A Hole In It.

Next week we find that The Coin With The Square Hole In It is Chinese.

How come I knew that when Gary didn't?

Followed by a thing about Butch & Sundance & the Dalton Gang. Gary's off hunting for gold they left behind.

Elementary S7 E12 "Reichenbach Falls".

The Bad Skin Clinic.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2021, 20:37.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

A bit of moisture in the air...

Station Summary

Online(updated 6 seconds ago)
                CURRENT CONDITIONS
                14.4 °C
                Feels Like 14.4 °

WIND & GUST
                3.9 / 3.9 km/h
                DEWPOINT
                13.4 °C
                PRECIP RATE
                0.00 mm/hr
                PRESSURE
                1,013.88 hPa
                HUMIDITY
                94 %
                PRECIP ACCUM
                0.25 mm
                UV
                --
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all (it's 0645)

It's sunny out again. It's 28 degrees ('feels like' 32) and 82% humidity. High of 32 expected.

HWMBO is doing his video supervised return to the UK test. Mine is in an hour or so. We are heading off visit the Belmont Estate (chocolate making) and the River Antoine rum distillery today. Hopefully they will be indoors and air-conditioned

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Niagara Falls are illuminated for the first time to celebrate the visit of Edward, the Prince of Wales 1860

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Century!

Comment

Lunch: roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal)

And I've also managed to find time to get herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup going in the InstantPot™ with such remains of the Big Chicken as haven't been reserved for tonight's tea

No idea how to fit it in the freezer, but it'll be OK in the fridge for a few days until I can eat enough to make room

Comment

Working...
                      X