• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a saddo
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Telly has been the aforementioned episode of Ambulance

And then some more of the Paddington nonsense

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

This morning's cloud looked patchy just before but has somehow metamorphosed into proper grey overcast now

Currently 14°C which seems to have become standard for this time of day, a possible 19° later, and no rain forecast; though that doesn't mean there won't be any, as weather volatility seems to be testing the limits of existing models this summer. Barometers very slightly down at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Morning all

CURRENT CONDITIONS
          16.4 °C
          Feels Like 16.4 °
          WIND & GUST
          2.7 / 2.7 km/h
          DEWPOINT
          14.8 °C
          PRECIP RATE
          0.00 mm/hr
          PRESSURE
          1,023.03 hPa
          HUMIDITY
          90 %
          PRECIP ACCUM
          0.00 mm

The system says no accumulation of precipitation, but there's moisture in the air and on the ground
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey. 's arse grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 19.8 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 72% RH.

Wednesday.

How gratifying, the goto last post thing has returned to its previously totally & utterly fecked state after last evening's brief change.

Walk walked (different route) in the endless drizzle.

Morrisons delivery van noted failing to stop after damaging a parked car.

I shopped him to the owner of said vehicle.

Lunch: Poached tomato and scrambled egg on thick toasted crust of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: R reg Lotus Esprit.

More clearing out of papers done, another bag half filled.

Found my very very very late brother's nhs registration card and some condolence letters to my not so late parents.

Entertainment: bits of Trucking Hell S4 E3. No rory.

Tea: soup, rice, stewed apple & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, a yog.

Entertainment: Discovering Harrison Ford.

NCIS S15 E23.

NCIS S16 E1.

Oddly they didn't show S15 E24 which was the set up for S16 E1.

Elementary S6 E19 "The Geek Interpreter".

"The Old Man & the Gun (2018)"
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 August 2021, 20:52.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Feeling sorry for myself.

Out doing proper social stuff on Friday night. Have now got painful broken collarbone (and attractive but not painful black eye) to show for my efforts.

Sympathy welcome!

HWMBO mentioned you were broken, ouch!

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast, no current precipitation but signs of wet on the patio tiles/plants inferring there has been some overnight. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 expected and, potentially, some sunshine will appear. Barometer down to 1018 mBar.

I slept but am not rested. Awoke before the alarm (I refused to look at the time) and then slept through my alarm

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                The trial of the Pendle witches begins in Lancashire, England 1612

Comment

When does trial of you CUK witches start?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Toast again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Toast again
                      "Here's to Nick, one of the finest creators of threads on Mondays containing links to interesting stories"
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X