• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Finally got confirmation of the extension to the end of September

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Early today as I was thinking through something confusing and figured leaving it for a bit of time in the subconscious might help. Also, I'm finding QuickSight a bit boring TBH

Plus it means I can, if I so desire, pop down to Sainsbury's tonight and still be back before dark; might as well make the most of the light evenings for the remaining few weeks we have them

Comment

Lunch has been herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread. Just the thing after I'd worked up an appetite with my walk

Rain has arrived, briefly. Looks like more showers are likely this afternoon and evening, but nothing too heavy or persistent

Comment

Finally got confirmation of the extension to the end of September
          Blimey they are gluttons for punishment congrats!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well the sun came out around lunchtime and has stayed that way. The forecast rain has had its arrival pushed back and probability lowered.

Comment

Taking the car out and shopping has been done

I finally got around to taking a bunch of bags of old clothes with me, for the Oxfam recycling things in Sainsbury's car park. After taking the car down the M69 and back to get it charged, I headed for the farthest corner of the car park, which was deserted, and started carting my bags over to them.

Turned out they were both almost full, and I thought I might have to bring a couple of bags away with me. But then I found that if you bang the swivelling drawer thing a bit, it helps the contents settle, so I was eventually able to get it all in

And then to shopping, where certain things that were missing from recent deliveries and in-person shopping now seem to be in plentiful supply, while other things seem to be running out. I got what I needed anyway, including the new Viz, so that was all right.

Home again, and I even managed to fit everything in the fridge and freezer without much trouble, though mainly because I took care not to buy too much that needed to go in them

So now dinner is cooking in the Remoska, and I can finally relax in the knowledge that the corner of the bedroom that was full of bags of old clothes is now available for filling with more bags of old clothes just as soon as I get around to giving them a final wash to get the mustiness off

Comment

Oh, and we had some moderately heavy rain late afternoon, but it only lasted for about fifteen minutes. And there was a glimmer of a rainbow in the direction of the M1 as I was heading back up the M69, but I never encountered the rain that was refracting it

Comment

Oh, and we had some moderately heavy rain late afternoon, but it only lasted for about fifteen minutes. And there was a glimmer of a rainbow in the direction of the M1 as I was heading back up the M69, but I never encountered the rain that was refracting it
                  And as soon as I'd posted that I thought "What's that noise outside?" and realised it's raining again

Comment

It clouded over and I thought I heard a smattering of rain but if it was, it was brief.

Forecast is still for 'light rain showers' for the evening but whether any will fall specifically where I am is impossible to tell.

Comment

Tea has been pork chops with chips, peas and gravy; and it was delicious

The Remoska does a great job of cooking chops, but these ended up very slightly overdone as I'd forgotten how long it takes to do them. About forty-five minutes if you like your chops the way I do, it seems

Comment

Working...
                      X