• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody's chucked what appears to be the top half of a cheese cob on the lawn, causing huge excitement and a fair amount of flapping and argumentation among the five pigeons who've discovered it

Comment

Big news here…
      The WifeTM has filled in the paperwork needed to start the process of being assessed as suitable foster carers for a dog. We’re not ready to adopt yet, but fostering gives us a chance to see how we cope, and allows us to evaluate dogs before they go up for adoption.

And with that news, it’s TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea was lamb scouse with white bread, and very nice

The car earlier was a VW minibus thing; taxed until October, because nobody ever lets one of those die if they can help it

And the gold diggers were much as usual when mid-season.

Then Inside the Factory on the important subject of crumpets. I'm sure these didn't used to be an hour long, but the extra time is used for more of the historical asides and, in this case, virtually a mini-episode at a different bakery going through the process of making Eccles cakes. I haven't had one of those in many years, but I might have to track some down now

And then I read a big chunk more of Fire in the Night

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny with some light cloud out, currently 7°C, 13° expected, and the barometers are very slightly down at 1005/1013mB. Rain expected later though, with probabilities ranging from 30% to 70% from teatime into the early morning

Comment

Morning all

Murky out.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Dark.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Polleny.

Cool in here at 14.1 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.663315 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of May 2019 I remained AWOL.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, an indeterminate corner yog, the colour of which completely escapes me, it was either red or yellow, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85% (85.34%).

It rained.

Getting fed up with this hayfever business.

Well there's a thing, from one of the current books: tungsten hexafluoride is the densest vapour, with Radon being the densest gas. Neither of which will do you much good should you be so foolish as to encounter them.

Now why, exactly, Xenon is an anaesthetic is yet another question, it being a noble gas & all.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some apricot halves, a yellow yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (when it wasn't <click>).

Wheeler Dealers S11 E12 1988 BMW Z1 in daffodil yellow. Bought: Eu16k55, £14,037, Total: £19,154, Sold: £25k. New exhaust (£650). New clutch. Repainted the panels red.

Thing about The Lie Detector on PBS. Gosh. Something actually inneresting for a change.

Curiously the name "Leonard" was uniformly pronounced "Leo-nard" all the way through.

And a thing on Talking Pictures: "Justice" with Anthony Valentine.

Abandoned Engineering: another one I can't recall: Ghost town of Bannock Montana complete with lynching of the sheriff.

The Owl Mountains in Poland with a Nazi underground something or other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Riese

Cornish arsenic works. Scraping the arsenic out of those flues and labyrinths must have been fun.

Abandoned Greek village in Turkey: Kayakoy.

https://shippedaway.com/kayakoy-aban...20and%20Turkey.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 April 2023, 10:24.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright, dry, cloudy. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Rain forecast from early afternoon onwards. Barometer at 1017 mBar.

Back home, back to my usual routine. Which, on the face of it, isn't hugely different from when I'm at HWMBO's but I think it's the heavier reliance on using my mobile phone which means I actually end up doing less non-work stuff as I don't really like using many internetweb sites on my mobile. It's too much of a faff to take both work and home laptops up there.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  What's the likelihood of getting the lurgy twice in 5 weeks?

I'm currently at the shivering and aching stage.
                  I received a call from the covid trial clinic a couple of days ago. Apparently the final PCR test they did (sample was taken on 17 April) was positive! Although all the LFTs I've done after I got over covid in February were negative, it transpires that one can still be positive on PCR tests for three months.

I too had a bit of a cold a few weeks ago but tested negative on a LFT. So it's not impossible that you've got some lurgy hang overs.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    So it's not impossible that you've got some lurgy hang overs.
                    Turns out it wasn't lurgy, and without going into too much detail, the problem "passed" very rapidly yesterday over a period of about 4 hours. I believe this smilie is most appropriate:

Comment

It's turned grey here after the promise of sunshine earlier, and it's getting very windy too

Lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Working...
                      X