• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been chicken jalfrezi with rice and naan. Very nice

It started raining on and off around 16:00; it seems quite heavy now during the "on" periods, and could continue until after midnight

Comment

This evening's car was a BMW Z1; currently SORN but its MOT only expired a week ago tomorrow, so maybe it's just having a little rest

And some of the gold diggers tried a new place only to be menaced by wild dogs, so they aren't doing that again

And then I remembered that for some reason, I'd stopped watching The Good Place even though I enjoyed it, so I resumed it with S2E4.

And after that, I read more of Fire in the Night; not much left of that, but now I'm getting an early night.

Friday tomorrow - and even better, a longish weekend!

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, damp, and misty start out, though the rain itself has stopped. Currently 9°C but expected to soar to 15° by mid-afternoon. The barometers are down a chunk at 996/1004mB

Friday it may be but I've decided not to go shopping today as I'm going to travel south to visit my Mum in hospital tomorrow, and all of the reasonable routes back take me past a Big Sainsbury's at both ends of the journey along with a couple as minor detours en route

Comment

Driving off with loony lady 1 on short break to IOW shortly. Daresay she'll turn up late as usual.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

A bit sunny out, although clouds appear to be on the way in.

TFIF, etc
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet.

Cool in here at 14.5 deg, 15.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.795 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of May 2019 NF was getting busy with the Canadian maps thing, soup was made & consumed, and other suchlike excitement occurred.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Wilko done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Not that the Wilko stuff needed it since they didn't have what I wanted.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato (squashy) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive Hour: Tanni Grey-Thompson: still not equal.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Saw a pair of ?carrion crows? /?rooks?/?ravens? chasing a tree rat which managed to escape by running up a tree.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered haddock, some apricot halves, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E13: 1903 Darracq Type L: bought: it wasn't. total: blinked & missed it: must be a couple of grand: nope: £1,517, sold: it wasn't. They made it to Brighton. They both got out at one stage. Taxed until October.

Coast & Country on ITV. Slate mines. 2000 tons of TNT stored within during WWII. Made a change from paintings from the National Gallery I suppose. Some rich bastard's house in Nelson, Treharris, Llancaiach Fawr Manor. Some island or other infested with birds Ynys Llanddwyn Island.

Dial 999: 77 bus: diamond thieves bug a jeweller's shop. High tech stuff for 1958.

"Darkman (1990)": a very young Liam Neeson and Francis McDormand in a low budget flic. He has very special skills in this one too. . Wasn't in the mood for that.

More of the excruciatingly tedious Apollo Lost missions. Feck me. I'll be glad when this one is done.

Abandoned Engineering: Whittier Alaska Buckner Building/Begich Towers: a US army base all in one 14 story building, abandoned since 1960 when they realised it wasn't needed any more with the advent of missiles. 1992 Expo site in Seville, Spain. The dragon's teeth of dear old Adolph's Siegfried Line/West Wall. Budapest Hungary Railway repair depot.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...lek-train-yard

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2023, 08:44.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and damp. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Cloud cover set to dissipate as the day progresses with a chance of sunny intervals this afternoon. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Hurray for another bank holiday, invoicing as usual though.

Comment

I had some roast spuds and gravy left over the other day so, along with more of the roast beef, that was lunch

Brightening up a little out, but only in the sense that the cloud cover is thinner; no actual sunbeams breaking through yet

Comment

I can see little bits of blue poking through the clouds.

My brother is taking my Mum to her memory assessment this afternoon - a repeat of the one she had in August as she's having to start the process from the beginning again.

I'm trying to figure out more data mappings from a system that seems to have been built to generate a pretty front end with no consideration as to how reports would need to be built. Oh so no more unique question IDs? Fantastic. This question which is triggered by answering a previous one, you're only sending the answers for so we have to guess which question the answer relates to? Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X