• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

In the middle of it, Amazon arrived but left the box down in the hall by the main entrance; sometimes they come up and leave it at the flat door. So I had to go all the way down to get it. Mind you, one good thing about this place is that I could have just left it there until tomorrow, or indeed until next week, and nobody would have nicked it. The same was usually true of the old place but not always, which is why I had stuff delivered to the locker up the road

Comment

Another mouse caught (think we’re at 29 now), and at least one more to go based on the footage.

Now TFBSZ, let’s hope for a bit more sleep tonight.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was an E-type Jag. Taxed until June, so still going strong

The gold diggers had their usual ups and downs.

And later, S3E6 of The Handmaid's Tale

After that I decided I couldn't be bothered with any more telly, so read a bit more about Octavia and her acolytes

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again but no rain and none forecast. The weather app claims it's "windy" and the conifers do indeed have a bit of a shimmy on. Currently 11°C after a very mild night, 14° expected later, and the barometers are only a tiny bit down at 1004/1012mB

It's Friday!

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, nearly 12 deg in the leanto.

1019.5 mBar, 30.106 in Hg, 764.687866 Torr, 14.7866 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

More weird dreams, this one a combination of James Bond (did he ever use a 38 special? or a revolver?) and Dirty Harry (he was definitely using a S&W model 29 in 44 mag). So I woke up & finished the current book.

Meanwhile on the 26th of April 2019 both NF & I went shopping due, presumably, to a lack of comestibles, NF re-viewed "Atomic Blonde" while I watched "John Wick II" for the first time. There was no mention of counting down.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on linseed & soya toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog (the previous surfeit of lampreys red corner yogs having been consumed), 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: whatever that programme at 12:30 on R4 was about: 15 minute cities, LTNs, Oxford, Katy Price, Ken Livingston, the current mayor of that London, Uncle Tom Cobley & all. Apparently freedom has been tried & doesn't work, so you'll need a pass from the council to move from one sector of Oxford to another, apparently. At which point it went decidedly <click> due to lack of innerest.

Meanwhile here in Wales the lunes are cancelling road schemes left right & centre to make sure we return to the halcyon days of the horse & cart. Or something.

Freecell score: 95%, running average 85.15%.

Tea: battered something fishy, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E2: 1982 Oz Mini Moke: Bought £5k8, Total: £7080, Sold: £7k2.
              Electric cooling fan & new radiator, changed the rubber cones for metal springs, welded a hole in the floor, repainted hood frame, new hood, recovered seats.

Taxed to Feb 24, MOT to October 23.

Who do you think you are? Frances de la Tour. boring.

Dial 999. "Robbery with Violence" That ITC thing from 1959 from the stable of Lord Russian Emigre in his earlier years.

Baldrick walking through the history of Bronte Country on Blaze.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 February 2023, 20:59.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's cloudy but bright. Dry with no rain forecast. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 14 expected. Windy. Barometer up a smidge to 1021 mBar.

Yesterday I went out to a pub by Battersea Power Station to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen since well before Covid. Tired this morning

Comment

Totals so far:
                  Mice 30, Shrews 9
                  Total for the last 7 days: Mice 20, Shrews 5

There’s at least one more mouse in the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Totals so far:
                    Mice 30, Shrews 9
                    Total for the last 7 days: Mice 20, Shrews 5

There’s at least one more mouse in the roof.
                    Are they the same animals coming back?

Comment

I’ve been trying to find the best product to clean the glass on the wood burner. I used to use glass hob cleaner (not over cleaner), which did a good job, but after doing a search on what various installers recommend, they suggest using wood ash. So I’ve given it a go. Works a charm, better than the chemicals or just water.
                      One pane done, another to go.
                      ​​​​​​….beats having to sit at a computer and “work”.

Comment

Working...
                      X