• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He was an old boy of my school so his name (H. H. Munro) appeared on the walls of the Memorial Hall in the list of those who died in WWI
    Indeed, I remembered that. It may be I wasn't in the mood to read Saki at the moment. Then again it is an 800 page book.

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1026.7 mBar, 30.318 in Hg, 770.08 Torr, 14.891 psi, (up from 1020 last night if I remembered to tap it), 73% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of April 2019 there was discussion of films, bad films, and quantity of films, along with an overcooked leg of lamb.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and out on the line.

Freecell score: 100% (of 32), running average 85% (85.115% not improved by yesterday's debacles).

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, a prune or two, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Just a minute. The Food Programme. TWTW.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked with a brief stop at the parents' grave to put some daffs in the jampot (now plastic since the morons strim the grave & smash glass jampots, so not actually a jam pot at all, but rather the bottom half of a pepsi bottle).

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs. The shirt that feels like canvas is on its last legs, I expect the cuff to fall off shortly.

Underwear in off the line, whilst the socks remain so they can get the full benefit of the breeze.

The drizzle returned.

Socks in off the line & airing upstairs along with the underwear.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85% (85.1198%).

Tea: soup & rice, peach half, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Thing about Klaus Barbie on PBS.

NZ Motorway Patrol: S7 E4&5: aren't they polite? Can't get over it compared with the scrotes over here.

And there's a towie but not from Crouch, Lantern, or Alpha. Didn't see him pull the half shaft.

Vera S12 E4 "The darkest evening".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2023, 19:51.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny and bright. Dry. A few bits of fluff and wispy bits. Currently 13 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

In recovery today after overdoing it a bit yesterday. Decided it was best not to drive down to Sussex to see my Mum.

Going to have a potter about in the front garden for a bit of fresh air.

Comment

Turned nice and sunny out now

Just having an afternoon coffee while watching US border security being absolute dicks to people, usually for no good reason

Comment

After an hour of potching about there's visible progress made but I need to get a kneeling pad as my knees now hurt.

Comment

There's an ambulance outside!

No actual blue lights on. I assume it's for one of the more elderly residents

Mind you, the younger ones probably think of me as one of the more elderly residents

Comment

The ambulance went away again. Don't know if it bore anybody off, as I was busy dishing up tea at the time: sausage and onion casserole with chips

I usually have it with peas as well but I forgot them

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After the usual New Zealand police stuff earlier, this evening's viewing was the latest episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday again tomorrow. Where would we be without them?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    Mouse (Fat) caught overnight.
                    Last week I was invited to a seminar occurring at 10am today. After agreeing, the invite came through as 10am EET. That’s 8am GMT. Do these people not realise I am temporarily retired?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, currently 9°C with 14° likely later, and the barometers are a bit down again at 1010/1018mB. It's supposed to be windy too, but observation of the local foliage doesn't really support this notion

Comment

Working...
                      X